twitaman
Can't see new registered users
  • 2004/11/1 17:54

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Does anyone know why I can't see new registered users? I did a test registration and I never received the confirmation email. Also I created a private forum and I want to add selected registered users but I don't seem to see everyone when I go to the forum administration.

twitaman
Re:Can't see new registered users
  • 2004/11/1 18:08

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

I think the problem is the automatic email notification system. I noticed that when I looked at the users in the admin area I saw them but they have not been activated. They did not receive their activation emails and I, as the webmaster did not even receive the email saying that new people have registered. The thing that's strange is that I have received some of the new register auto emails -- any reason why this would not be consistent?

ackbarr

what are your mail settings in System -> Preferences? if you enable php debug do you get any error messages when registering a new user? Can you send a message using System -> Email Users (test to webmaster group first)?

twitaman
  • 2004/11/1 19:22

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

I went to system admin mail preferences and found the following settings:

FROM user: admin

Mail delivery method: php()

Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail

Those were the only preferences set.

About using php debug -- I turned the site off then set it to php debug. Is that all I have to do? Where is the report generated, or is it generated automatically? If so, no errors came up.

Login

Who's Online

526 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 526

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits