twitaman
Adding a file to an article so readers can download it
  • 2004/10/28 21:11

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I want to add a PDF file so that readers on my site can download it. I want them to be able to read the article then do a "click here to download the file" and be able to download a PDF file. How exactly do I do that?

I uploaded the PDF file to my uploads folder but I'm not quite sure how to link it. What is the exact address where it's at? Do I type: //uploads/filename?

And how should I set the permissions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mithrandir
Re:Adding a file to an article so readers can download it

Attaching files to a news article is a feature in News 1.2 - it's available onhttp://dev.xoops.org

Oesie
  • 2004/10/28 21:37

• Oesie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 1

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Attaching files to a news article is a feature in News 1.2 - it's available onhttp://dev.xoops.org

How do I've to look at that site. Are that modules that are under development or ready for implementation and if so why aren't they implementend in XOOPS (yet)?

I know that XOOPS is gonna be only the core someday but I didn't knew that there were already updated (?) packages out.

twitaman
  • 2004/10/28 23:48

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

In this case I'm actully using the Articles module v.017.

There is only a hyperlink shortcut. So I uploaded my file to the uploads folder and tried to use the hyperlink with it but it doesn't seem to work.

I think I may not be typing in the address right. The way I did it was ../uploads/filename.pdf

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits