Ruddle
Agenda-X Recurring Events in Block
  • 2004/10/27 13:02

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

I am using the latest version of Agenda-X (v2.2.0). When a recurring event is added to the calendar, it displays correctly on the month view (for each of the recurring dates) but only appears as a single entry in the blocks with the word (recurring) after the entry. Is the a way to have each recurring date show up as a seperate line in the blocks as it does elsewhere on the calendar?

We post weekly rehearsal dates and it kind of defeats the purpose of a front page content block if all that shows up is the single entry.

dheltzel
Re: Agenda-X Recurring Events in Block
  • 2004/10/27 13:14

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Quote:

Ruddle wrote:
Is the a way to have each recurring date show up as a seperate line in the blocks as it does elsewhere on the calendar?

We post weekly rehearsal dates and it kind of defeats the purpose of a front page content block if all that shows up is the single entry.

I wish there was a way to do this easily and efficiently. As it stands, the code to implement this would create a huge performance problem.

I have a similar situation, where I need to post regular events. The recurring events feature was designed to only handle events that are 1 or more months apart (i.e. only 1 per month).

I plan to implement a page in Agenda-X where you can rapidly enter a large number of regular events. This would have you enter the title/desc/contact stuff, then have a list of dates for the events and insert them all with a single click. It's not exactly what you want, but has some other advantages, like easily selecting a slightly different date for weeks with a holiday conflict. Since they are regular, not recurring events, you could edit the detail of each event independently after entry.

Dennis

Ruddle
  • 2004/10/27 13:17

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

Dennis,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your fix would be very useful. Please keep me in mind when you complete it?

Rick

SaNdS
  • 2004/11/10 14:29

• SaNdS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

Agenda-X Non ever Events in Block

I've uploaded it and installed it and used admin to install it, set global permissions in place.

When I add an event nothing happens ... at all

((Cmod problem?))

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits