deeee
Themes !!! They're acting weird !!
  • 2004/10/20 15:35

• deeee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/14

I recently installed this kool theme on my site .
I have tried to customise it to my taste ...that is edit some text without touching the codes but nothing reall happens !!!!!!
I have changed some texts inside themename/theme.html
but everytime i update it there's NO change ..
Right now i have even REMOVED the file themename/theme.html
from the server but the theme still works without any qualms !!
Really strange ?? Or am i missing something ??

Is it a CACHE problem ...or what ???
help me !!

tjnemez
Re: Themes !!! They're acting weird !!
  • 2004/10/20 15:42

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

Note: Remember to effect all changes you must go to Sytem Admin -> Preferences -> General Setting [edit] -> and set "update module template.html..." to yes and then select go at bottom of screen. This will update your site to effect all changes (remember to go back once settings have taken effect and set same to no and update once again).

sometimes you may need to delete all files in templates_c directory.

Mithrandir

Almost.

When a theme is uploaded and chosen as the current theme, it is interpreted (or compiled) into a PHP file, which is placed in the templates_c directory. When XOOPS subsequently needs to display a page with this theme, this compiled file is loaded. If it does not exist, it will be regenerated.

In order to get the changes to show up, you will need to enable the "Update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" setting in system admin -> preferences -> general settings. This means that no matter if the theme's theme.html is already compiled or not, it will be regenerated - so remember to turn it off, when you are done with it, for better performance.

deeee
Thx alot fellas
  • 2004/10/20 16:03

• deeee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/14

That worked !!
Thx !!
I have second question
When Both of my sites are opened they take a few seconds and IE seems to freeze for a while then everyth is displayed almost at once!! I dunno if it becoz there r some many items which need to be displayed but then they fotos should display gradually not just freezing and then showing up items ...
I have a whole bunch of junk in them ... a Java Clock and scrolling stuffs...R these the cause of the slight loading -freeze time ??
what ?
both sites are
http://www.dc-iconyx.com
http://thatzme.com

Help needed !

Mithrandir
Re: Thx alot fellas

I think that is just how IE works - load the entire page and then wham-bam show it. Not the biggest browser expert, though.

tjnemez
Re: Thx alot fellas
  • 2004/10/20 16:16

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

if some of the items loading are external links, this may slow you down as you will be waiting for their server to respond.

sm007hie
  • 2004/10/22 17:48

• sm007hie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/21

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Almost.

When a theme is uploaded and chosen as the current theme, it is interpreted (or compiled) into a PHP file, which is placed in the templates_c directory. When XOOPS subsequently needs to display a page with this theme, this compiled file is loaded. If it does not exist, it will be regenerated.

In order to get the changes to show up, you will need to enable the "Update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" setting in system admin -> preferences -> general settings. This means that no matter if the theme's theme.html is already compiled or not, it will be regenerated - so remember to turn it off, when you are done with it, for better performance.

I'm having the same issue with my site. No matter what I change on any theme, it does not hold. That "Update Module Templates" option is on YES. I even turned it off and on, just to make sure. No change. I deleted the files out of templates_c and the site broke! Luckily I made a backup before hand. Anyone have any suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits