spelunk
Blocks not changing, and a theme question
  • 2004/10/20 11:38

• spelunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hello,
No matter what I do with my block options my page layout does not seem to change. I un-sellected notifications, it still shows up, I dissabled notifications, it still shows up. I re-organized all my blocks, activated the ones I wanted, changed positions, the home page still shows the origional layout. I also selected which pages to display them on. No mater what I seem to do the top page locations never change, for administrator at least.

EDIT:One thing I noticed is that the right location order and arangement works fine, it seems to be just center and left, the blocks I added center and left order will not change. I also noticed that I had to edit a different part of the theme.css file to change the color of the right location blocks. I have yet to be able to change the color of the non responding notification block and the block is non responsive to de-activication. could this be a permissions problem? or is something strange happening?

Also, I am editing the phpbb theme to match the colors of my organizations logo. I got the layout colors to change except for the main otline color and the block outline color. I edited both the style.css and the theme.html and nothing seems to change these border colors. I even greped the entire theme directory for the html color value, no returns on the color after I edited all instances in the files. Are these options kept somewhere elseP (I only changed color tags in the theme phpbbs dir)?
Thanks,
-Dennis

Mithrandir
Re: Blocks not changing, and a theme question

Notifications are by default shown in-line, i.e. appended to the page content and not in an actual block.

To get it into a block (or completely disabling it) you will have to go to the preferences for the module in question and set the notifications to either enabled (blockstyle) or disabled.

spelunk
Re:Blocks not changing, and a theme question
  • 2004/10/21 0:12

• spelunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Thanks Mith did not realize I had to go to the actual module. Still having the problem of the elusive border color that I cant seem to find anywhere for the core blocks.
-Dennis

jensclas
Re:Blocks not changing

Quote:
Hello,No matter what I do with my block options my page layout does not seem to change. I un-sellected notifications, it still shows up, I dissabled notifications, it still shows up. I re-organized all my blocks, activated the ones I wanted, changed positions, the home page still shows the origional layout. I also selected which pages to display them on. No mater what I seem to do the top page locations never change, for administrator at least

I am having this part of the problem. I don;t like my current top page layout in the center and have tried to put everything below site news in the block order but nothing is changing. I even tried to get the top articles summary text back through edit and can't do that either. Refrech doesn't seem to help. Can't think of anything elde to try and the snaswers to this post don;t seem to address this part of the problem or I have misunderstood. I am thinking of trying to turn off eveythin but site news and start over with adding the rest...would this help???
TIA Jenny

Login

Who's Online

361 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 361

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits