Mithrandir
Re:When will xoops be ready for php5??

Quote:

widgetapps wrote:
I've installed XOOPS 2.0.8 on 2 different servers, both running PHP 5.0.2. On both servers, I can't seem to properly install some of the core modules. In each case, it tells me the module was already installed. I uninstall, and reinstall, same message. If I try to update, something odd happens. After submitting, the browser seems to try and submit, but then it fails before the process even gets the chance to load the next page... it stays on the update module page. The modules also do not show up in the list of module icons in the left column.

That was exactly, what was happening to me with MyDownloads and Team - I am afraid that I cannot see why this happens. Switching XAMPP to run PHP4 on the same webserver resolves the problem, so it is something, which is not working in PHP5 that was working in PHP4. But what? I have so far no clue.

peterl
Re: When will xoops be ready for php5??
  • 2004/10/20 0:25

• peterl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/19

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Regarding PHP5 compatibility.

We have a modified, experimental, test-version - called XOOPS 2.0.8 (but don't mind that - it was just me making a lot of confusion there). It is based on XOOPS 2.0.7.1 with a great deal of changes to conform to PHP5.

The more people testing this, the better. It is available in this public thread on dev.xoops.org

Personally I have found it to run fine - except when I want to install certain modules, namely Team and MyDownloads. This crashes the webserver and only half of the module is installed.

I have no idea, why this is, so the more people trying this, the better.

My own webserver, tested with PHP5, are actually two WinXP machines with the latest XAMPP (I think) - same problem on both, but XOOPS itself runs smoothly.

I installed 2.0.8 on our server yesterday, which runs php5.02 and mysql

I successfully added the following modules
Poll
FAQ

The others I get an errors as follow
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

We are hosting php with a win2003 server and I get errors as follows when I login

CGI / FastCGI encountered a problem and needed to close.

From the Application log
Error: Faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.0.2.2, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.0.2.2, fault address 0x00054fa6.

Information: Reporting queued error: faulting application php-cgi.exe, version 5.0.2.2, faulting module php5ts.dll, version 5.0.2.2, fault address 0x00054fa6.

MySQL 4.0.17-nt is running on our database server (Win2003 enterprise)

In case that is of help
tks
Peter

skylined
Re: When will xoops be ready for php5??
  • 2004/10/20 1:23

• skylined

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/16

I installed 2.0.8, and I can not install news and newBB modules.. "already installed" error...
System runs PHP5.0.1...

What does it check to se if the modules are alredy installed? ( is there any files that is left behind , or parts of the DB, that can cause this?)
or is there any checks or somthing that return a different value under php5? like in this:

tvbkhanh Quote:
The main problem is get_class() function in PHP5 has difference form PHP4. PHP4 return lowercase, and PHP5 return original notation.

Skylined

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits