Re:myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/10/14 15:28

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Kalobotz wrote:
Hello riaanvdb,

Can you try using WF-Sections 2.1 with this. That seems to have been where my troubles started about not being able to check booleen variables.

After you post I will then remove the XOOPS system and reinstall version 2.07. Then can you refresh the repository with a new myReviews when I try this again?

i think phpbb had some problems when using wf-sections module with this as i think a couple of class names or functions were named the same, i don't recall which ones exactly, but he changed the names in wf-sections and it worked ok after that..

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/14 15:33

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

Ok, I'll try to contact phphpbb and find out which functions they are and then it would probably be best to change them in myReviews next release. Till then I can't do much.

Thanks all

m0nty
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/10/14 15:53

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
The XOOPS dubugger gave me this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare convertorderbyin() (previously declared in /modules/myReviews/include/functions.php:36) in /modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 495

Now I'm running 2.0.7 along with WF-Section 2.0.1. I've had conflicts with WF-Section and Gallery. I bet this is another one like that.

is this what u mean?

sorry it wasn't phpbb who mentioned it.. it was Tocpe

Tocpe
  • 2004/10/14 16:07

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Yea it was a problem with WF-Section having functions named the same as base XOOPS functions. WF-Section was causing problems with other modules as well. So I wouldn't change any of the MyReviews code. Just change the function names in the WF-Sections code.

Here are some of the functions I found that were causing problems. There may be others as well, every once and a while I see new problems crop up when I upgrade a module or install a new one. So make sure you have your debugger turned on to root out these problems:

htmlarray
loadfile
createthumb
convertorderbyin
convertorderbytrans
convertorderbyout
updaterating
dirsize
get_icon
getLinkedUnameFromId
removeShouting <- can't remember if this is one I changed or not
cleanvars <- or this one
summarize <- or this one too

I simply went into the php files where these functions appear and added a "wfs_" (no quotes) in front of the functions name everywhere and in every wf-section files they appeared in.

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/14 16:22

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

I removed WF-sections entirely out of the directory and still can't check my booleens. Example for Autoapprove.

I only have root XOOPS modules installed

Maybe it's a conflict with the system module.

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/14 16:40

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Woiuld it matter if there were sperate XOOPS instalations installed on the same server in different directories with WF-Section installed in them?

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/14 16:42

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Fatal errorCannot redeclare convertorderbyin() (previously declared in /modules/myReviews/include/functions.php:36in /modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 495

I'm not getting this error anywhere. What page would it be on?

Tocpe
  • 2004/10/14 17:38

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Fatal errorCannot redeclare convertorderbyin() (previously declared in /modules/myReviews/include/functions.php:36in
/modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 495

Look in your functions.php file in modules/wfsection/include

There will be a function declaration in the functions.php file. The function you are looking for is "convertorderbyin". Rename it "wfs_convertorderbyin" in the functions.php file and do a search for "convertorderbyin" in all the files in the wfsection directory and subdirectories. Rename any other occurances of "convertorderbyin" in those files as well. If you are doing this offline make sure you re-upload and overwrite any existing files on the server.

Try to re-create the error and see if it spits out anymore errors and then fix them too.

The error message will tell you the name of the function to look for in the "Cannot redeclare convertorderbyin()" part of the error. Then it tells you what file and where in the file to look for the function to be declared: "in /modules/wfsection/include/functions.php on line 495."

Pretty handy huh?

::edit...doh! I just re-read your post. (Lack of sleep will do this to ya folks). If you're not having that particular error, don't worry...that's good. Are you getting any error messages?

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/17 1:04

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

I have a fresh install and database for 2.07. I only have the myReviews and System module installed. I have the PHP debugger on but no errors anywhere.
Finally, at least “Review Info Modification Requests”
is working but for some weird wacky reason not “Review Submissions”
Review Submissions used to work in the beginning.
I’ll keep poking around.

I like your Avatar. I remember seeing Back to the Future in the Movie Theatre when I was 10 in the 1985 and Doc turning around like that and saying “Marty!”
Was that scene at the twin pines shopping center?

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/17 3:37

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Actually, I'm getting both now. Working fine. I will continue work and I think I want to put the screenshot uploader into the Manage Reviews area, as well, for the admin. I'm also putting in an option to not allow reg users to write a review.

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits