script_fu
Re: Google + Xoops issue

Quote:

vinit wrote:
hi, i have a community portal running on XOOPS from last 3-4 months, i submitted my site to many search engine including Google. For first 2-3 months googlebot gave just 2-3 hits on my site. And thus i thought the small hits by google bot is no t making my site come ins search output list. But this month all of a sudden i saw this in my Stats

[quote] Googlebot (Google) 995+20(hits) 24.52 MB 29 Sep 2004 - 18:15

If google slamed your site on sept. 29. Your listing in google will be updated to your new current spot within there results for your keywords. Look for this sometime in the first tens days of november.

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/14 14:28

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

Quote:

vinit wrote:
I dont have any pay per click or any such advertising system.

You can sign up with google and yahoo for it. your web site will show up right away on the search results and top ranking. But just for the fun of it, I entered $2 per click on my subject, a "national" coverage will cost me an estimate of $300/day on google.

Strang enough, my web site was listed one WEEK after I whipped it up. Here is how:

You should post your site description on those news group. The web crawler will craw those news groups every day and you will be mentioned there.

pay $2.50 to have your site submitted. I did, and the Main site was listed right away.

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/14 14:36

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

btw, becareful about the news group "advertising", its subject to the "spamming" rules of those news groups. if they report you to your isp, you maybe either being warned by the isp or your service maybe canceled. The panelty is stiff.

vinit
Re:Google + Xoops issue
  • 2004/10/15 6:05

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

I am hopping to see things come up pretty soon. Yes i know a lot of newsgroup considers "advertising" as spamming.

Just one more question does the webhost plays an important role in getting listed on google. I have a shared hosting plan.

Dalton
  • 2004/10/15 10:29

• Dalton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi, first of all, sorry for my english.

I have the same problem, Google has crawled my web many times, but i don´t appear onto its listings. I´ve read many about this, and what you have to do it´s continue refreshing your site with new contents, posts messages in good forums like this, with your sign(a link to your website). I don´to know if this is spam, but i´ve read it at esxoops.com , and the site appeared 4 days later...
I have also to say that my site is not at google, but i suppose it´s only time.

vinit
  • 2004/10/15 12:05

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

Offcourse the content on site does get updated many times in a day. So the content is not a big issue in this case. Might be Google is yet to digest the contents

Herko
  • 2004/10/15 12:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Dalton wrote:
I don´to know if this is spam, but i´ve read it at esxoops.com , and the site appeared 4 days later...

Since your site is powered by XOOPS, it's not considered Spam at all XOOPS.org has Pagerank 8 (which is quite high), so having your site displayed here on this site is a good thing.

Herko

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/16 21:48

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Since your site is powered by XOOPS, it's not considered Spam at all XOOPS.org has Pagerank 8 (which is quite high), so having your site displayed here on this site is a good thing.

Herko

How do you find your pageranking? Thanks. Better yet, how do you improve the pageranking?

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/16 21:56

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

vinit wrote:
Just one more question does the webhost plays an important role in getting listed on google. I have a shared hosting plan.

I don't think the webhost has any thing to do with seach engines, its your DNS and your contents count.

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/16 22:12

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

on more thing about web advertising, Link Exchange.

I spent almost a day to exchange links with more established sites that are frequent by seach engines. The results are pretty good. Now I have about 5 pages of listings from Yahoo, if I seach it by my URL name.

However, my traffic is not improving from these listings in Yahoo, I am probably one of the millions if seach by "commercial real estate". The only way to generate traffic is to do pay per click and at least they will put you into first 3 pages.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits