tvepsorg
A cry for help.
  • 2004/10/14 15:45

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I have started the torrent tracker project on dev forge. I don't know very much about php but am trying my best. I'm trying to port over bytemonsson php tracker into xoops. So far the only thing I have been able to do it make it show in my test site. It's still on a completely different database and is not an "installed" module. I am asking for anyone to help me with this. I need to make it so that this can be a module you can install and use the same database as the site.

you can get bytemonsoon here.

and you can see what I have so far here.

Any help would be much appreciated

tvepsorg
Re:A cry for help.
  • 2004/10/14 21:31

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Is anyone even interested in a tracker module? I have posted many times before about starting this project and no one has responded. Is this just a module that no one will use? Is what I'm planning to do just not feasible?

freetek
Re:A cry for help.
  • 2004/10/14 23:15

• freetek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/26

I think generally you have to just do it. Many of the developers here are already crazy busy with their own modules. I'm sure if you tried your best and asked questions when you run a ground you'd get help from other developers. If you don't know PHP I'm not sure module development is a thing you'd want to get into as a first project. Do you program at all?

On a side note this might be a very popular product however the hammer is coming down on sites that provide P2P-related content, ShareReactor for one. AfterDawn interviews ShareReactor owner. Even if you could skirt by legal troubles seems like decent torrent sites need massive bandwidth and hefty servers which is not something most XOOPS users have.

Good luck.

GagnierA
Re: A cry for help.
  • 2004/12/12 13:08

• GagnierA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

I'm also just starting to develop a torrent module. So far things are going fairly smoothly and I have to say it's not as difficult as I thought it was going to be...mostly just time consuming. However, I've chosen a somewhat different route...but within convention and logic of course.

tvepsorg, I generally have to agree with freetek on his comments to you. If you don't have the experience or knowledge, don't jump into the deep-end right off the bat.

Once/If I get this module completed I may post it for download...until then, don't hold your breath ;)

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits