lyricmuse
Help with css and php wrap or include
  • 2004/10/14 0:29

• lyricmuse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/14

First off let me say that what you guys are doing here is excellent. I have tried many different CMS and have been frustrated with the fact that they say they are modular, but they really aren't by any stretch. Your install went extremely smooth, and If a module gives me any problems, XOOPS seems to instinctively revert back to good settings. My experience so far atleast

I would like to know where to find the files to tweak with the design of XOOPS overall, as well as the individual modules. I know there is CSS but not in everything.

The other thing that is really holding me up is how in the hell do you wrap or include php from another script into Xoops? I have tried various modules and read several articles on the process, but I'm still not figuring it out.

Thanks for your time

JasonMR
Re: Help with css and php wrap or include
  • 2004/10/14 1:18

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Regarding Themes and css:

In your installation you will find a folder named themes. It contains all theme folders. The actual theme folders contain the HTML theme templates, as well as the css file.

Though note, there is also an extra css file int the actuall root dir.

Your installed modules might come with their own extending style sheets. While one would also expect these to be found in the template folder, you will find, that with some Modules you will actuall go digging in the code, to find where the settings are hidden.

I is very easy when developing a mod, especially as a beginner, to not follow the princepal of dividing layout and content.

Regarding you last question, could you explain a little more. I am not sure I understand. What exactly do you want to include? Before I give you any foolish answers...

Hope this helps so far...

lyricmuse
  • 2004/10/14 3:43

• lyricmuse

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info. I've been digging through the css and php and finding out exactly what you said

When I asked about wrapping php, basically my problem is this. I have another script called Jamroom. I need to include elements from this script into XOOPS (like Artist Login, Artist webpage, etc). I have installed CJ Content and I managed to place the Artist Login, but I can't get it to show up in the menu, there really isn't much documentation on how to do that. The module is no longer supported on his site.

I hope that explains it better.

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/14 9:31

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Have you had a chance to look at the wikihttp://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=HomePage ?

Then there is alsohttp://doc.xoops.org/

You may need to change access rights to make the menu you are talking about visible.

Hope this helps....

lyricmuse
  • 2004/10/30 18:25

• lyricmuse

• Just popping in

I apologize for not answering sooner. I appreciate the tip to look at the wiki and other documentation. I've looked and haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I really do appreciate your help.

Thank You!!!

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits