kiwiguy
General prob with wf-downloads
  • 2004/10/13 0:17

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Hey just a quick question I have wf-downloads 2.0.5a installed and the problem is this

I have upload and submitted a heap of videos and the strange thing is that they work and viewable while on my hard drive but when on the server and i download them they come up as corrupt and cannot be played whats with that I have no idea please help

kiwi1

Bender
Re: General prob with wf-downloads
  • 2004/10/13 0:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. This happens only with files uploaded via submit to wf-downloads?

2. What happens if you upload one of these files with ftp and then just submit the link in wf-downloads and download it from the module?

3. Other way round: If you upload one of these files via submit and download it then via ftp is it broken too?

kiwiguy
  • 2004/10/13 1:29

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Hey bender thanks for the quick reply

to answer the question I uploaded the file via ftp the submitted it via the "submit" in the download module NOT through the admin part of it. the url to the video is correct as it download the whole video completly but then will not play.

But if i play the original video that is stored on my hard drive it works fine!

Booga
  • 2004/10/13 2:11

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/29

hey kiwi.....bender asked you 3 questions, you probably won't get a reply from him untill you answer them first

kiwiguy
  • 2004/10/13 6:51

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks booga was getting to that LoL i am a kiwi remember memory is not my strong point...

1/ If a user submits a download through the submit part and actually uses the browse part to add it from the hard drive not the url the video will completly download and you can view it.

2/ If i ftp the video to the server directly then place the url into that part in the submit download section of the site where i put the url of the download instead of the browse part then it will allow me to download it but then says the file is corrupt or will not even play.

3/ If i download straight from my ftp client it works fine also.

4/ If i add it throught the admin section after ftp'ing the file it works fine also.

hope that covers it all...

Bender
  • 2004/10/13 21:44

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Ok,

additionally:

when you upload it by ftp and download it by ftp thereafter it is still ok right?

Does this only happen to specific video files? (in regards to .avi, .wmv, .mpg)

Can you give me a working download link to a file i can download thats not broken? (if you dont want to post the link public then send a pm. Preferebly on our website as i check there more often)

Login

Who's Online

423 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 423

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits