VideoDude
Clearing or refreshing cache
  • 2004/10/12 12:59

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

I just made a small code adjustment to "system_block_mainmenu.html" (added a line item outside the scope of the loop that exists there). I hit "refresh" on my browser, but my changes didn't appear.

Next I went into the "templates_c" directory and cleared all the files contained there, then hit "refresh" again... still nothing.

A file named "db%3Asystem_block_mainmenu.html" is appearing now in the "templates_c" directory, but it carries a date of Sept. 30, 2004 (that more than a week past today's date).

Is there some OTHER cache location that needs to be cleared or refreshed in order for my changes to appear?

Many Thanks,
The Dude

P.S. Hats Off! to the XOOPS development team!

ackbarr
Re: Clearing or refreshing cache

once a module is installed / updated, all the templates defined for the module are stored into the MySQL db. So to get your changes to appear you need to:

1. Update the system module in System -> Modules
or 2. clone the default template set and make your changes on the new template set.

JasonMR
  • 2004/10/12 13:09

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

What you need to do is, go into Sys Admin -> Modules, and update the System module.

Explanation::template code is stored in database table XOOPSPREFIX_tplsource; when updating, this information is rewritten, and therefore your changes applied, as you manipulated a modules template file

VideoDude
  • 2004/10/12 13:22

• VideoDude

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Just how beautiful is THAT?!?! Worked like a charm! I knew I had to do something like that but I couldn't find a button that specifically said, "Update". I didn't even think to click on that little hard-drive looking icon until just now.

Thanks millions for the quick response!

The Dude
http://www.goLancaster.com

Login

Who's Online

427 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 427

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits