m0nty
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/9/10 5:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

approve function works alright for me..

it doesn't stop a member submitting a review.. all it does is stops the review appearing till an admin approves it to be displayed..

if u set it to yes, then no approval is needed and the review appears straight away..

Kalobotz
  • 2004/9/11 11:02

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

Darn, I had it working before and now it doesn't work apparently after installing WF-Sections 2.1 but probably not since it's a stable release.
Review Submissions (0)

Review Info Modification Requests (1)

This with Auto-approve OFF I get no Review submissions.

I did a fresh install uf XOOPS 2.0.7 and new databse with only the system
module installed and no session state. No extra settings. A new download and install of myReviews RC1. RC1 worked before on 2.0.7

That's OK since I am not allowing REGuser reviews. I'll just disable the feature.

Are you using classes? You have allot of redundant code because of the various feedback options.

Kalobotz
  • 2004/9/20 13:12

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

I was able to add the WF-SPAW editor in with linebreak fixes and working properly everywhere except I don’t have an ADMIN switch to cancel SPAW for reg users yet.

SPAW doesn’t work for “modify review” because that’s Smarty. but ADMIN’s only access that and can use the EDIT button.

I also was getting confused between products and reviews by both being called reviews so I changed “Manage reviews” and “ modify Reviews” to products instead of reviews plus some other English terms.

I have also put in some ADMIN only features for writing reviews but you would probably want a switch for that too in ADMIN. So, right now I have mine set to only allow ADMINs to review.

I’ll work on comments next.

i also noticed PHP 5 is out. This looks nice. I am into C# so it fits well. Does this allow for not haveing to use includes anymore?

riaanvdb
  • 2004/9/22 8:07

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Kalobotz wrote:
I was able to add the WF-SPAW editor in with linebreak fixes and working properly everywhere except I don’t have an ADMIN switch to cancel SPAW for reg users yet.

Hi Kalobotz,

That is great, on which browsers is SPAW supported? If you send me the code I will incorporate the changes you have made and start with the new beta release cycle.

Keep on reviewing

Grotmis
Riaan

Kalobotz
  • 2004/9/30 17:51

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

riaanvdb wrote:
Quote:

Kalobotz wrote:

Hi Kalobotz,

That is great, on which browsers is SPAW supported? If you send me the code I will incorporate the changes you have made and start with the new beta release cycle.

Keep on reviewing

Grotmis
Riaan

SPAW only is supported with IE. I know the koivi editor supports all but that’s still in beta and SPAW has more features at the moment. I think he is making a module for XOOPS 2.2. to support all editors so I might wait for that before installing several editors.
I have it if the browser doesn’t support SAPW it will fall back to HTML.
Cleaning up code and should be done soon.

How do I access the review ID numbers? Can’t seem to find them.
Also, the “recommend it’ and “love at first site” doesn’t seem to work. I press those buttons and nothing appears on the listings.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/10/5 19:12

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Kalobotz wrote:
“recommend it’ and “love at first site” doesn’t seem to work. I press those buttons and nothing appears on the listings.

Hi Kalobotz

These functions flag the record and a tick mark or hart will be displayed in the title. They are then also shown when the Love at First Sight and We Recommend menu items are clicked. O yes you will of course need admin rights to flag things.

Grotmis
Riaan

wcrwcr
Re:myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/10/5 20:16

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Jus to keep me informed, any new version is already availble?

Thank you guys

riaanvdb
  • 2004/10/11 19:06

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

wcrwcr wrote:
Jus to keep me informed, any new version is already availble?

Thank you guys

Hi wcrwcr, I will do the final release soon, there is no more errors being reported that I can simmulate. Then Kalobotz has done some major changes including the addition of spaw that we can look forward to. Will keep you posted when things get coocking.

Grotmis
Riaan

wcrwcr
  • 2004/10/11 21:01

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi riaanvdb

Thanks for you reply and have a nice work
The XOOPS Brasil team will be glad to translate to portuguese language as soon as you think it?s about the time

Regards,
Wilson

Kalobotz
  • 2004/10/14 15:14

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Hello riaanvdb,

Can you try using WF-Sections 2.1 with this. That seems to have been where my troubles started about not being able to check booleen variables.

After you post I will then remove the XOOPS system and reinstall version 2.07. Then can you refresh the repository with a new myReviews when I try this again?

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits