ChadK
Re:MyAds Question, End of display period problems
  • 2004/10/8 14:39

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

I'm working on modifying this module so that the user simply selects from a list of possible day ranges for the ad. So the admin can set it to 5, 10, 20, 30, whatever.. then the user can select the length of the ad.
I'll also be modifying it so that it doesn't DELETE the ad but moves it to the archived ads table so the admin/user can easily reactivate the ad. I'm also going to change the DELETE Ad function on the user and admin side to move them to the archives as well instead of actually deleting them.

My version also shows the edit/delete links for all ads on the ad listing pages if you're an admin and if you're a member it shows them to you for your listings so it's easier for a user/admin to edit and delete ads.

for a very limited time you can download my hacked version of myAds athttp://www.aviary.info/phpcode/myAds.zip
You'll need to edit the files and remove the hard coded "aviary" information in the files because I haven't put the texts into the language file yet.

I'll release ChadsAds module eventually.. with all of these features and a few others, like definable input boxes on the ads etc to make them a bit more flexible.

If you click the link to download myAds from my site and it doesn't work, then it's gone. Come back here and ask for it...

fredski
  • 2004/10/11 8:22

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Sounds good Chad, but are you going to have a time limit on the archive, or some way of limiting the archive space so that it deletes the oldest ads when the archive gets to a certain size. Otherwise if you get a LOT of users using the module, that could add upto a lot of space with all the images being stored in an archive permenantly.

ChadK
  • 2004/10/11 16:14

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Yep, I'm going to let the admin set how long to archive ads... probably something like 15 days as a default.

Also, speaking of images... the images code needs to be fixed (and will be) in the new xClassified module so that users can upload photos with the same file name as another user. Currently it errors out and prevents the attachment.

fredski
  • 2004/10/12 8:04

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

How are you going to do that? are you going to get the module to rename the file on upload to an auto incremented number? or use a prefix? I think prefix would be better as then it gives the ability for search engines to find and index the page better if the product image is named correctly.

ChadK
  • 2004/10/12 12:54

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Well I think I'll put a time stamp and random number on the end of the file name.
I'd also like to have the image use the ad title and original file name as the ALT tag (search engines use those as well).

sgshell
  • 2004/10/15 16:37

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

Quote:
http://www.aviary.info/phpcode/myAds.zip

I try this ... but i can't find any links to post ads...

Who have a working version for this?

woody1664
  • 2004/10/18 18:19

• woody1664

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I have had the same problem with the Ad's not finishing and multiple emails. I have made the changes suggested, hopefully it will work as I have used XOOPS on the local oswestry riding club site and my wife has been very active with the myads module and getting loads of emails.

As you can understand I was more than happy to find this thread

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits