tonybrasscoe
My Reviews 2.1 module file not found

I keep this error when trying to install the myreviews 2.1 or 2.0 modules:Module File for myReviews Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

I dont understand why, also this happens fairly often with some modules i try to install so i wonder if im doing something wrong. There have been a few modules i tried to install that i got that error message, but i figuired they were not working or had an error. But i saw my reviews working
on this sitehttp://www.craftsonline.co.za/modules/myReviews/
so i figuired there could be something im doing wrong. If someone can help i'd appreciate it.

JasonMR
Re: My Reviews 2.1 module file not found
  • 2004/10/8 5:23

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Have you checked any "Readme" files or other docs that come with the modules?

You will notice, that with a few modules, you will need to change the permission of the modules folders. In most cases the folder of a module should be set to chmod755, and files to chmod 644.

Check if this is the case with your installation, as this might be the problem.

Also, sometimes the actuall module folder is packet in a set of unneeded folders like:
xoopmodulename/modules/actuallmodulefolderofinterest/

You must make sure that the actual folder is in the module folder.

Hope this helps.

tonybrasscoe
Re: My Reviews 2.1 module file not found

that did the trick, i should have thought of that myself thanks alot!

intel352
Re:My Reviews 2.1 module file not found
  • 2004/10/8 20:07

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

this error generally occurs due to permissions (as dheltzel suggested), and often either because your ftp client transferred the files with a low 'chmod' value, or if you downloaded the file directly to your linux acct via command line, it might have extracted with low values in that case as well.

gmarchis
  • 2004/11/23 15:31

• gmarchis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/22

Hey bd_csmc:

I'm testing myReviews on a localserver (easyPHP) and when I go to the Admin area for this module, it loads the main lins:

General Settings

- Manage Reviews

- Manage Categories

- Manage Rating Categories

- Review Submissions (0)

but whenever I try and click any of them nothing happens, it goes to the same index.

I've checked the links, and they ar all like:
http://f9c3o4/xoops-2.0.7.3/html/modules/myReviews/admin/index.php?op=myReviewsConfigAdmin

I've checked for whitespaces on the code, and analyzed the code and xoopsversion.php and everything seems to be right, but still I cant make it work.

Checked the readme file and does'n say anything at all.

I believe this might have something to do wit permissions, but then again since Im running this on my PC, the only options y have related to permissions are :
-Read only
-Modified (checked x)
-hidden

How do I manage to change perms to 666? or 755??

Thanks

m0nty
  • 2004/11/23 16:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:
gmarchis wrote:

I'm testing myReviews on a localserver (easyPHP) and when I go to the Admin area for this module, it loads the main lins:

General Settings

- Manage Reviews

- Manage Categories

- Manage Rating Categories

- Review Submissions (0)

but whenever I try and click any of them nothing happens, it goes to the same index.

i have only seen this problem when using XOOPS 2.0.9 beta..

the problem shouldn't arise using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 which is the latest stable release.

i'm looking into y this happens on 2.0.9 but i think it maybe due to changes in code between versions as 2.0.9 as a few changes relating to php 5.

i'll contact riaan who developed this module to see if he has found anything..

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits