bbgds
Xoopschat and Antidos conflict?
  • 2004/10/5 2:10

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hi Again....

I seem to be experiencing a wierd conflict between the XoopsChat module, and Antidos. When you visit the XoopsChat page, you get the Antidos warning "Don't access this site too continuously" in one of the main chat blocks. (It varies from time to time as to which block.)

I also ran PHP Debug, and got the following errors for XoopsChat.

----
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING' in /home/christ/public_html/modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php on line 67

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC' in /home/christ/public_html/modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php on line 68
----

I'm learning PHP, but I'm not up to snuff enough yet to feel confident enough to tackle this without help.

Please Advise,

DonXoop
Re: Xoopschat and Antidos conflict?

I don't know of a conflict but my guess is that the chat app is tripping the antidos because of the rapid traffic of the chat app. Exactly what antidos is supposed to do.

First thing I'd say is to head over to Peak downloads for the Protector module which replaces antidos. More settings and improvements. Next you should take the option to never shut out the webmasters group just in case. Then you'll have to adjust Protector so that your chat doesn't trip the antidos. Or set your chat to be less noisy.

bbgds
  • 2004/10/5 4:31

• bbgds

• Just popping in

Ok. Got protector. I'll play with it....

What about fixing the undefined constant errors? How would I go about that?

bbgds
  • 2004/10/5 4:55

• bbgds

• Just popping in

Another thing I just noticed is that my footer isn't visible on the chat page if your using a Netscape-based browser, but it is visible if your using IE.

Any thoughts?

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits