emilsoft
Convert PHP-Nuke User DB to XOOPS...
  • 2004/10/4 21:55

• emilsoft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hi There, I currently have another [old] site running PHP-Nuke 5.0 and I'm planning to hopefully upgrade to XOOPS. Are there any scripts that'll help me convert the User Database over to XOOPS?

Thanks.

intel352
Re: Convert PHP-Nuke User DB to XOOPS...
  • 2004/10/4 22:13

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

yes, i posted a script somewhere, lol... can't search for it though, since search is currently disabled. i'll post it again later when i find it.

emilsoft
  • 2004/10/4 22:27

• emilsoft

• Just popping in

Thanks... That'd be great!

emilsoft
  • 2004/10/6 0:19

• emilsoft

• Just popping in

Any success?

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/6 0:31

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Here I found it:

wrote by Parody

There's a user convert script out there. I wrote my own news/polls/links/encylopedia script. You can get it here:

http://www.perjuries.com/articles/convert.zip

A word of warning however, the scripts most likely will not work without significant modifications. For example, the news script is configured to convert news and put them in my own categories that I've created. If you don't change the categories, it probably will not work -- a lot of stuff like that needs to be changed.

emilsoft
  • 2004/10/6 1:02

• emilsoft

• Just popping in

Quote:

sbkiller wrote:
Here I found it:

wrote by Parody

There's a user convert script out there. I wrote my own news/polls/links/encylopedia script. You can get it here:

http://www.perjuries.com/articles/convert.zip

A word of warning however, the scripts most likely will not work without significant modifications. For example, the news script is configured to convert news and put them in my own categories that I've created. If you don't change the categories, it probably will not work -- a lot of stuff like that needs to be changed.

Thanks for the link. All I need is to convert the User DB, but I'm not quite sure how to use the 'password.php' script?

Thanks.

intel352
  • 2004/10/6 2:19

• intel352

• Module Developer

sorry, i forgot to search when i got home

you can try my script if you'd like, here's the post:

Quote:
Here is a script that i wrote, based on the PostNuke to XOOPS conversion template. It's made to convert users, forums, news, downloads, weblinks, private messages, and groups.

NOTE: This script converts NSN Groups (from NukeScripts), I never used the PHP-Nuke built-in Group system that was introduced around 7.x. If you want to convert a non-NSN Groups table, you'll have to alter the script yourself.

This script was written with PHP-Nuke 6.8 + NSN-Groups as the site being converted to Xoops, so it is not guaranteed to work for your setup.

PHP-NUKE_TO_XOOPS CONVERTER

EDIT: BE SURE TO TEST THIS SCRIPT FIRST. I think there might be a glitch, trying to check and make sure (regarding the admin user access).

ALSO, this script removes any currently existing data except for what *should* stay (i.e.- admin user stays, XOOPS groups stay, everything else is removed)

emilsoft
  • 2004/10/6 3:20

• emilsoft

• Just popping in

Thank you, I'll try it out tomorrow.

Speed
  • 2004/10/7 19:35

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I used bd_csmc's script for one of my sites. It converted people over no problem. They had to rechoose avatars and the groups permissions did not transfer from phpBB to NewBB but that wasn't a big deal. My biggest concern was getting the user database and if possible the forum messages -- both worked perfectly.

intel352
  • 2004/10/7 21:17

• intel352

• Module Developer

sometime down the road, i'll look at porting phpbb groups as well.

i didn't need to worry about phpbb groups, in my situation (for which the script was developed), because i used NSN Groups, an addon for PHP-Nuke & NSN-Nuke (OpenSiteManager now)

and i didn't port avatar information, since that would be largely difficult (to do it properly, i'd either have to make the script transfer the images to the new location where XOOPS stores avatars, which would enter into alot of user error, lol, or a more feasible alternative, i could give detailed instructions on where to put the images and then transfer those over)

but that was deeper than i felt like venturing, i was happy enough with saving the posts

i'm glad it worked for you though, it's always good to hear.

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits