ScubaAddict
Xoopsgallery doesn't allow users to have their own albums...

Ok, I have asked for help on their official boards, but have received no reply. I searched these forums, but there are no hits on 'xoopsgallery', although I am sure there are some posts on this.

PROBLEM: I am trying to find an album that does pretty much everything that xoopsgallery does, but IN ADDITION will allow registered users to add their own albums.

I personally thought that that was the main reason for having a gallery, but apparently it is not a part of the core functionality of XoopsGallery, so does anyone know of any photo mods that will allow this? I am looking for one that allows you to specify the size of the thumbnails and users can make their own albums (without having to give them administrative rights).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Or if anyone knows of a hack that will allow this functionality in xoopsgallery - that would be appreciated...

gniknalu
Re: Xoopsgallery doesn't allow users to have their own albums...
  • 2004/10/4 18:57

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/28

You posted yesterday - some of these things take days to answer (as most developers don't get paid to support/provide their modules - so they actually have a life beyond XOOPS ).

That's the best place to get the answer - I suggest waiting a day or few for the answer from the source.

Gnik

ScubaAddict
Re:Xoopsgallery doesn't allow users to have their own albums...

gniknalu, I replied to a thread that was started 5 months ago - that never received an answer to. Considering that I had another post up since last week, and I am the only poster since the 29th, I figured that I would come here to see if anyone else used a different photo album that has functionality like a community photo album - as opposed to a 'Webmaster Only' photo album.

Thanks for the slap on the hand though. I will wait for the reply on that board - just like that person from 5 months ago is still waiting... (just figured that module will not suit my needs) - I won't ask here anymore for other modules that might suit my needs.

Thanks,

gniknalu
  • 2004/10/4 19:14

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

Chill dude. Just suggesting you wait because the best source for the answer is usually the person who maintains the module.

Yes - the xoopsgallery module site does not see much traffic. Yes the responses are usually slower than most other modules. But - hey - the module rocks.

I'll look into finding an answer to your question on my own (if someone else doesn't beat me to a reply in the meantime).

Ltrz,

Gnik

gniknalu
  • 2004/10/4 19:29

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

Took 4 minutes 20 seconds to figure this out.

1) Create a new gallery
2) Give permissions for " Users who can create sub albums" to "LOGGEDIN".

And that's it. The users who want their own gallery can create it in that subalbum. And they can then lock down their own album or allow others to post within their sub-album. Pretty kewl actually!

Try it and let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Gnik

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits