Re: MS-Weather LICENSE problem?
  • 2004/10/4 7:00

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Looking for a good weather module, then have a look at

snx-weather
snx weather download

It has all the function of MS-weather, but the developer is still working on improvements...

jfmoore
  • 2005/9/8 20:36

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

ChadK wrote:
I have a nice weather program that I wrote for an ASP CMS a while back.. I will most likely convert that for XOOPS because I also need weather and I need more functionality than is present in MS Weather.

Did you ever do anything with this?

JFM

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/13 8:07

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

noisia, there's a broken link of the snx_weather you're giving. there comes an html tag in the url ('<br/>')

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/13 8:18

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

rossi, you're right we got a problem with weather modules for XOOPS for Bulgaria. i've used the ms_weather at some time in august on the site i'm administrating and when i've looked carefully in the yahoo weather copyrights i found that kind of problem. but thought in that way at that moment that's no right i think now - there's a copyright license on the weather information by yahoo and the module author brokes that rules by using it, but on the other side he distributes his module under GPL as i can remember, so the user himself has no guilt here. It's better find another solution now.
found the xp-weather module but it gives information for only 4 weather stations in BG and doesn't work for sofia which is a problem. so hope there'll be another decision.
Greetings!

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits