begbie71
No Users Can Login
  • 2004/9/24 1:52

• begbie71

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/24

Our site's been working great, and it still is for anonymous users, but if any registered users/webmasters login it says correct login and reverts back to the home page without logging them in. I can't seem to find any info on this forum - can anyone help? Thanks.

wcrwcr
Re: No Users Can Login
  • 2004/9/24 3:32

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hi begbie71

Give a try to restore your xoops_session MySQL table.
Last time I had this problem, i fixed doing this.

Hope It helps
Regards

begbie71
  • 2004/9/24 3:50

• begbie71

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply, I've not needed to restore a table as of yet - what are the steps to do this? Thanks.

jwf79
  • 2004/9/29 22:07

• jwf79

• Just popping in

I just had this same issue happen. Got to my Database and saw that xoops_connection had an error, so I opened the sql file that came with XOOPS then dumped the xoops_connections table and inserted a new one.

Working like a charm now, not sure why if messed up though.

Buster

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/30 8:13

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I am having the exact problem (see this threadhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23582&post_id=109686&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=109529&forum=1#forumpost109686), but I cannot seem to resolve it because I cant seem to find instruction on all these 'how to flush MySQL tables'. People say 'I did this' and 'I did that' but don't tell anyone how they did it.

I cannot access phpMyAdmin so how can I do this using the MySQL command line?

Thanks

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/30 8:52

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have got the latest version of phpMyAdmin to work!! Hooray.

Anyway, I have looked at the xoops_session table and it says 'in use' and you can't do anything with it. If you click on it, it says 'Error 1016 - cannot open file 'xoops_session.myi' (Error 145). Does that mean anything to anyone? Using phpMyAdmin how can I flush this table, or create a new version of it? Could this be what's causing the fault with my logging in of my XOOPS site?

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/30 9:23

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Ok, i fixed it. If you are reading this then there's a possiblity its because you are having the same problem. To FIX IT DO THE FOLLOWING

If you have phpMyAdmin working, select your database from the list, and scroll down the list of tables that you get. Tick the 'xoops_session' table, which, if it is the cause (which it is likley to be IF YOU HAVE TRIED ALL THE OTHER TIPS ABOVE WITHOUT SUCCESS) will 'in use'. Scroll down to the bottom and there a little drop down menu. Click it, and select 'Empty' and OK. It will check that you are sure that you want to empty the tabel. Say yes and it will clear it for you.

Then go back and try to logon. With me, its worked. So in my case, it was not to do with cookies, permissions, firewalls, php or IIS, but a MySQL table. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to help me with this - I really appreciate the time of all of you.

Perhaps this 'tip' or 'fix' could be made official so that it is well know. I have found a dozen or more people who have encountered this problem. For some, the earlier issues fixed it. Perhaps they should all be compiled together as a troubleshooting guide.

Thanks again.

Ted

jwf79
  • 2004/9/30 21:46

• jwf79

• Just popping in

You did it the easier way ;) I was unsure of what empty did so I dumped the table then reinserted it. Goo to know empty also work

Thanks
Buster

pulse
  • 2004/11/9 4:30

• pulse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/29

Oh thank you. I too had narrowed down the problem to the sessions table but I hadn't really thought of how to fix it. Thanks to this answer, I didn't have to.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits