hailstorm
Problems with 2.0.7.3 installation
  • 2004/9/30 11:26

• hailstorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/30

I've downloaded the XOOPS package from sourceforge, and installed it on my FreeBSD.

I've made changes to Apache so that it's documentroot would point to the HTML folder of the XOOPS package.

Well, now i just can't get over the first setup screen. If i click next, it will just take me back to the first screen, the one with the welcome message.

Can anyone help me?

sbkiller
Re: Problems with 2.0.7.3 installation
  • 2004/9/30 11:39

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

I suggest that you should try not to inlcude the html folder, just upload the files in the html folder to the main based directory of your site.

tedsmith
Re: Problems with 2.0.7.3 installation
  • 2004/9/30 15:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

This question has been asked several times before in the time that I have been a member. If you have not resolved it yet, I can't remember the subject of threads, but if you search through the 'Installation' forum and the 'Q and A' forum you should find the answer to this.

If I recall it will probably be a permissions setting. Once you go past the first page XOOPS will be trying to do something, like write a cookie or obtain some information, but the lack of permission will be blocking it. Check that the IUSR_MACHINENAME and IIS_WPG users has access to your web folder.

Honestly - do a good search and you'll find the answer.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits