bbgds
Setting up a 2nd Xoops under a subdomain
  • 2004/9/30 6:42

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Hi Xoopers!

I'm trying to set up a second install of XOOPS in a subdomain, for development and testing purposes. Right now, I have the subdomain files in a subdirectory under the main XOOPS directory for my site. This is problematic, however.

I used Fantastico to auto-install, and it just put 2 files in that folder. Well I get a home page, but when I log into the admin menu, I get the admin menu of my main site, meaning I can't really do anything with the 2nd install.

I know it's possible to do this, afterall, there's www.xoops.org, and dev.xoops.org. What do I need to do? I could set it up under a seperate hosting partition, or do I need a full copy of XOOPS to upload into it?

------
Sincerely Confuzzed,
bbgds

http://christmania.com

lavaburst
Re: Setting up a 2nd Xoops under a subdomain
  • 2004/9/30 7:16

• lavaburst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

Yes this is definately possible!

You just need to change the table prefix when installing... instead of default which is XOOPS (prolly your first one used this)

so all the tables in the database start with xoops_

now with a second site using the same database, you need to make it like xoops2 or perhaps the same as your subdomain...
anything thats different than "xoops".

I dont know thow the fantastico installer works, but anyways the key is changing the table prefix for the second site install.

Hope that helps!

LavaBurst

bbgds
Re: Setting up a 2nd Xoops under a subdomain
  • 2004/9/30 8:41

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Looks like it was a database tabling issue.

Thanks for your help!

------
Sincerely Confuzzed,
bbgds

http://christmania.com

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits