Sheeoni
Can I restore my site from a backup?
  • 2004/9/27 16:55

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Thank you for any information you can point me to, in advance =)

I have tried looking up information on how to restore my site from a prior backup but I really am not having much luck understanding the information I have found. I would like to understand the steps I need to take to restore everything, but I don't know anything about mysql. =(

My troubles started when my server kept crashing and my host decided to buy a new server and transport all data to that. Somewhere in the transfer process, something got majorly screwed up and I couldn't access our site at all.
I tried following the directions in the post found here, but was unable to resolve my problem.
Long story short, I uninstalled XOOPS from an option in cpanel on my site, and then reinstalled. The original XOOPS format is now accessable.

What I would like to do is restore my site from a backup I did before the crash occurred. Is this possible? I did try to restore from backup through my cpanel, but nothing will change on my new XOOPS site. I am also unable to post any news onto the new XOOPS site.

Could the problem be the fact that my site was on a prior version of xoops, and my host has got a new version running?

Sheeoni
Re: Can I restore my site from a backup?
  • 2004/9/29 12:29

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

Well I have tried copying all the directories and so far it's not working. I am going to try messing with the main.php to see if I can fix it, but right now I am getting an error that says ::

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/sirensb/public_html/xoop/mainfile.php on line 39

I assume that means I have a $ somewhere it's not supposed to be?

Would anybody have any suggestions on what I need to remove?

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/29 12:39

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Check line 38 that it ends with a colon ";". All variable declarations in PHP need to be closed by a colon.

You probably accidently erased it while editing main.php.

Sheeoni
  • 2004/10/7 0:15

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

I have been working on and off with this problem because it is so frustrating. I have decided to try and upgrade the backup copy of my website which was XOOPS 2.03 all the way up to the most recent patches for 2.07. I figure this must have been the biggest problem I was having after re-uploading my site since it wasn't working.

Right now, I cannot access the admin panel even though I type in my sitename, the XOOPS directory and then type admin.php. It says I don't have access to that and redirects me to the main page, which is actually just a listing of the files. It's just an index directory. Any idea what may have caused this, or how to remedy this? =\

Login

Who's Online

113 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 113

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits