harvester
Forum hight
  • 2004/9/28 5:06

• harvester

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

Ok....here is the problem I'm having.
when you read a post in my XOOPS forum it only shows one post at a time. you have to click a button to see each reply to that post.....I want it like it's set up in these forums where it shows a bunch of replies on 1 page...I looked for a setup option for this but didn't find one...am I missing something here?

Example:
If I made this post in my forums and 21 people replied to it. It would show the original post then you would have to push a button that says RE:post to view the first reply and again to view the second reply...I want all or most of the replies on the same page...
Thanks in advance

P.S. I See that there is settings when you create a new forum like number of posts per page...I have it set to 20 posts per page but it still only shows 1 per page...maybe it's the theme that I have? i'm using the 7dana-round theme...

peterpatrol
Re: Forum hight

I dont think you have a problem. I think you are viewing your topics as threaded rather then flat.
Above each topic is :
Threaded (or may say FLAT) | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom

If you select Threaded - they will change to how you are seeing them.

If you go into Preferences Main »» General Settings
and look for "Default Comment Display Mode"
Select Flat.
hope it helps
peter

harvester
  • 2004/9/28 14:35

• harvester

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply...i'll try this and see if it helps :)

harvester
  • 2004/9/28 15:05

• harvester

• Just popping in

Well it seems that this didn't work...I checked my admin/systemadmin/preferences and made sure that the default comments display mode was set to flat....the forum is still the same way....however...I noticed a button on the bottom of the page when you are viewing the forums that says "FLAT" if you click it it changes the forums the way I want them...but if you go to a new forum it changes it back to threaded....is there a way to make it so it's always flat?

harvester
  • 2004/9/28 15:11

• harvester

• Just popping in

Never mind...I got it....I had to edit my personal profile...It seems I had it to show threaded..Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits