fatgit
Donate Module, IPN test errors
  • 2004/9/21 12:21

• fatgit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/21

After installing & editing the config on the donations module, I test via the "click here to test IPN" link, and I get the following :
Quote:

Debug mode activated

Xoops Donations Module

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!

Notice: Undefined index: item_name in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: item_number in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: payment_status in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: mc_gross in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: mc_currency in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 92

Notice: Undefined index: txn_id in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined index: txn_type in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: receiver_email in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: payer_email in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 96
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: *removed*
Logging events

Notice: Undefined index: payment_date in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 227

Notice: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in /home/www/blah/nomercy/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 227
If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!

Lines 87-96 are :
Quote:

// assign posted variables to local variables
$item_name = $_POST['item_name'];
$item_number = $_POST['item_number'];
$payment_status = $_POST['payment_status'];
$payment_amount = $_POST['mc_gross'];
$payment_currency = $_POST['mc_currency'];
$txn_id = $_POST['txn_id'];
$txn_type = $_POST['txn_type'];
$receiver_email = $_POST['receiver_email'];
$payer_email = $_POST['payer_email'];

Any help is appreciated :)

Herko
Re: Donate Module, IPN test errors
  • 2004/9/21 12:41

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

These are 'just' PHP notices, they will not infuence the module operations (they're no errors, but they tell you that the code wasn't written according to PHP's standards: the definitions weren't pre-defined).

Herko

intel352
  • 2004/9/21 13:53

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

yes, that's a known output, what the 'problem' is, is that i used a modified version of xoops' common.php, with the debug controls removed. so the script is displaying debug information even if debug is disabled.

also, the reason for the notices, is that the script is being run without the variables being filled (variables that are filled when paypal contacts the ipn script), so the script displays those 'notices', which in turn cause errors

i apologize for the messy output. i've been wanting to get back to work on the Donations module for awhile now, but i've recently encountered some tight $$ problems, which caused me to drop my 2 dedicated webservers, and i'm still adjusting to my new shared hosting environment, lol...

i'm also in the process of relaunching a website, in addition to launching 6 more over the course of the next month, so i've been a bit busy.

hopefully i'll be able to get back into coding before long, but in the meantime, you might want to check out the most current release at http://dev.xoops.org (the packaged CVS export), it had some nice enhancements made to it, along with some good bugfixes. (if you're not already using that release, i mean)

fatgit
  • 2004/9/22 13:23

• fatgit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/21

Thanks for the replies :)

Nice to know I didnt mess up anything, and I'll take a look at the cvs version :)

intel352
  • 2004/9/27 17:47

• intel352

• Module Developer

just an update, this hasn't been committed to cvs yet, but i've made some changes to the donations IPN file regarding debug mode.

when PHP Debug is enabled for the site, it is enabled for the IPN script test link, and the notice errors will display, otherwise, they will be hidden and the proper test output will be displayed

i'm now working on removing the notice errors.

intel352
  • 2004/9/27 18:34

• intel352

• Module Developer

okay, notice errors fixed as well. changes have been committed to cvs. in about 5 hours, you should be able to 'Check Out' the module anonymously from Sourceforge.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits