Mithrandir
Re: Code crashing IE

Quote:

hervet wrote:
Hello,

I can do it when I want, just add (at least) two XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea and the program crashes. I have reported it a long time ago, can't remember where but I have made it.

Didn't we find a solution for it? I mean - we have two of such areas in News 1.2 and we wouldn't have released that if it was crashing all the time (Now you mention it, I do recall that we had a problem and discussed it on dev.x.o - but didn't we move some fields around and whoosh then it worked?)

hervet
  • 2004/8/26 17:21

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
(Now you mention it, I do recall that we had a problem and discussed it on dev.x.o - but didn't we move some fields around and whoosh then it worked?)

hum hum.... when I asked the question, I also mentioned some problems (impossible to post) in Mozilla, and many of you told me, in résumé, "no problem" for me... My XOOPS knowledge was not good enough to find why. Now with the excellent Dave_L's browser check, I know why.

For the last point (problem with mozilla and Xoops), I have recently made a post on dev.xoops.org to say it was because of a Mozilla plugin (dev plugin).

Bye,
Hervé

vagelis
  • 2004/9/27 9:05

• vagelis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/5 5

My Internet Explorer still crashing when I submit news. I am using only I.E. in a fresh installation PC with XP and all it's updates from Microsoft.

What can I do with that problem?

karedokx
  • 2004/9/29 6:55

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

Just FYI. I face the same problem, however the crash is intermittenly occurred in my IE.

Hervé provided the following resolution in dev.xoops.org:
"If you can, try this.
Edit the file /xoops/modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php

You have the choice, you can replace one of the two following lines.

replace the line :
$sform->addElement(new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_NW_THESCOOP, 'hometext', $hometext, 15, 60, 'hometext_hidden'), true);

with :
$sform->addElement(new xoopsFormTextArea (_NW_THESCOOP, 'hometext', $hometext, 15, 60), true);

or replace the line :
$sform->addElement(new XoopsFormDhtmlTextArea(_AM_EXTEXT, 'bodytext', $bodytext, 15, 60, 'bodytext_hidden'), false);

with :
$sform->addElement(new xoopsFormTextArea (_AM_EXTEXT, 'bodytext', $bodytext, 15, 60 ), false);"

I'll give it a try.

vagelis
  • 2004/9/29 8:22

• vagelis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/5 5

If I change the first line, then I can't edit the news article.

The second line I can't find in my file

Thank you anyway

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/29 12:49

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

This problem also occur in other module which use the submit form in spawn editor or any other.

It will occur when you click submit and the IE crash.

Then i try to use FireFox but there's no spawn editor really compatible with the Mozilla engine.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits