louisg1
new install looks different
  • 2004/9/23 15:56

• louisg1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 4

ok i installed it just fine except it only looks the way it is suppsoe to in internet explore if i use netscape navigator it looks like crapt how can i fix this problem i need to have it working on both not just one or the other. i had a testing server up on my computer and i it looked fine on both but i upload to the actuall server and it looks like crapt i need help.

sbkiller
Re: new install looks different
  • 2004/9/23 16:06

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

You install what?

Is the browser problem it's not Xoops

louisg1
  • 2004/9/23 17:18

• louisg1

• Just popping in

umm it looks the same on my testing server in both browsers but then on the actuall it looks like crapt i need to know how to fix this

ackbarr

Couple things needed to know:
1. What version of each browser is being used for testing?
2. What theme are you trying to use?
3. Can you take a screen shot to see what looks incorrect

It is well documented that Netscape 4.x does not work with CSS based sites well (sometimes not at all). If your user base requires the use of Netscape 4 (corporate environment, significant percentage of users refuse to upgrade, etc.) then your best option is to design a custom theme that does not utilize CSS for layout, only for font styles, colors, etc.
You would probably also have to customize the templates used by many modules to achieve a consistant look throughout the site. The smarty template engine is flexible enough to accomodate this, but the default theme, and most freely available themes, have been designed with modern browsers in mind.
IE 5.5, IE 6, Opera 7, Mozilla, Netscape 7, Firebird, Safari (just to name a few) all fall into this category.

louisg1
  • 2004/9/23 20:53

• louisg1

• Just popping in

i found the problem i had to add something to the .htaccess file on the server to make it pull the css cause that's what it wasn't doing in some browsers after that was added and apache was restarted it works fine the fix i added to my .htaccess file is
[Code]AddType text/css .css[/code]
Add that to the bottom of your .htaccess file and it will fix the browser issue permanmently with css just replace the mime type for what you are having problems with works everytime from what i hear.

Login

Who's Online

400 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 400

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits