winsion
Re: Mediashow problem
  • 2004/6/14 15:12

• winsion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/23

I tried to connect and I was registered on your web site to see what does not function. But even as a member, I don't have the permissions necessary…

toddherrold

thanks for trying to check it out. i appreciate your time. for some reason, the application is not allowing anonymous and registered users to access it, even though i have it set to do so in the groups area of the admin panel. thanks for making me aware of that. it only allows access by registered users who I then specifically add to the webmaster group.

i've added you as a webmaster for the purposes of this issue, so if you would try to login again and check it out, i would be tremendously grateful.

Also, i have some funky behavior like this in a couple of other modules and wonder if these issues may have to do with the fact that I'm using a virtual path to get hotdogblog.com URLs to show when in fact the site resides at www.maxandcleo.net? What do you think?

cheers,
todd

www.hotdogblog.com

winsion
  • 2004/6/15 5:08

• winsion

• Just popping in

I looked at. I don't think that comes from the URL (this module use "xoops_url". Once again I think of a problem of chmod. Look at the behavior of the file "video.txt" in the folder "sql", I don't have the impression only it writes the name of the file inside, I am mistaken? Test to change the chmod your folders.

Other module have problem ?(if so, which)

Very nice site !

(edit : for anonymous, see the comment of mediashow download)

toddherrold

thanks again. just relaunched the site to be more community rather than just single user. still working bugs out and designing. i appreciate your help. btw, i checked out your site and it's very well done.

i have the media folder and all subfolders and files chmod 777. i don't think that is the problem. i'm not sure about the video.txt file in the sql folder, though. when i open them, all 3 files are empty. i assume they are supposed to contain something, but they don't??? also, i noticed on your site that my drop down list doesn't show up like it should. mine only shows up the first 3 files and doesn't have the feature to scroll down the list.

also, does the module use a specific table in the database? i don't see a xoops_mediashow table or something similar like other modules have in the dbase.

some other apps do weird stuff on my site and i am trouble shooting . . examples:

1. shoutbox appears but text won't type in like normal
2. redirect to blank page when trying to delete a user from a group in the admin panel. user doesn't get deleted.
3. i couldn't get xtreme user guestbook to function, so i disabled it. . . . .

i'm new to xoops, but all in all it's working great.

winsion
  • 2004/6/15 15:29

• winsion

• Just popping in

1 - my site is rather a site of download, it is made only for that… thank you nevertheless.

2 - there is no table, it is the ransom of simplicity (what wants to also say that one should not put of space in the title) - can be in a video module (with votes for example) more advanced I will put tables but for the moment I don't have time…

3 - there must be in video.txt the name which was load, that wants to say that the url is not done (can be similar for shoutbox and guestbook), I will look at if I find programming so for you can see that.

4 - sorry for my English "google"

5 - XOOPS is excellent!

toddherrold

i'm only just learning php, so it is difficult to follow how the module works, but i guess that the module writes something to video.txt. Can you send the format, and perhaps I can include the list of files manually. email: todd@toddherrold.com

Not sure i got the full meaning of your post but i think this is what you said, right?

thanks, again.

toddherrold

will someone please email me or post an example of what should be showing up in the video.txt or audio.txt files in the modules/mediashow/sql/? I am still having problems getting the audio or video to play. It appears that the player cannot determine the link location for the files. I thought it was a redirect problem, but it is not. I assume something should get written to the video.txt and audio.txt file when you upload videos or audio files to instruct the player where to find files. . . is this true and if so, what? or does this function take place elsewhere?

thanks a lot. . .i'm going to get this thing to work on my site if it kills me.

SmellMyOEL
  • 2004/6/18 22:49

• SmellMyOEL

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

Mediashow crashes Opera 7.51 everytime. I tried WMV and AVI files. BAM! Everytime. I tried to view media on author pages as well, crash.

winsion
  • 2004/6/22 11:58

• winsion

• Just popping in

I have Opera 7.51 and there is no problem of compatibility !!

Check your configuration before saying mediashow crash on Opera 7.51.

Thank you ...

whitedragon

So how to solve this problem?
My users can't access media show, only I can. Is there a way to fix this?

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits