ManXP
Indexing problems
  • 2004/9/19 18:43

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

There exists some troubles with News module and website's indexing by search engines. I mean, that if i post news with category CAT for examply and topic name TOPNAME, website's title is: Site_Name - News - CAT - TOPNAME. yeah, it's good, but then troubles begin...

When search engine's robot visit your website, it index just main page and doesn't index the whole article anymore. When user types specific keywords in search engine, your website becomes one of the first in results. But after few days - your website isn't listed in top results, because title was changed and search engine didn't index pages properly.

I was experimenting with posting news, then looking all stats and keywords, which were used for visitors, then made searches, repeated searches after few days and got results which are posted on the top. It's needed to do anything.

HTML mod (which crates separate html files for eacht story) would be a best way to solve it, but ShortURLs hack doesn't work with new version of XOOPS. Any ideas? Please remember, that no visitors - no money.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits