ukdave
How do I delete unwanted template sets?
  • 2004/9/17 20:31

• ukdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/27

Is there a facility within the XOOPS administration section to remove unwanted templates sets because if there is I can't find it and if there is not, why not?

JasonMR
Re: How do I delete unwanted template sets?
  • 2004/9/17 20:39

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

What about Sys Admin -> Template Manager

ukdave
  • 2004/9/17 21:45

• ukdave

• Just popping in

No offence meant but, if you don't have the answer please don't bother to comment.

Dave_L
  • 2004/9/17 21:58

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

But that was the answer.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/17 22:01

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
No offence meant but, if you
would state your problem more accuratly, you would most likely recieve a more accurate answer.

The answer given, was the most appropriate, taking your form of problem statement into consideration.

After your reply, one has to take into consideration, that with what you label as template set, you are actually refering to a subset of the template set, which would be a template set of a specific module. Am I correct?

If so, the question would be, why do you want to do this, without risking further problems? As the removal of module templates should be taken care of during an uninstallation process. If this hasn't happened, you will need to remove them by hand (which your actuall question might be).

In the DB of your XOOPS site, there is are 3 tables that are related with templates:
_tplfile
this table lists the id of every single template
_tplset
this table lists the templet set installed; usually only one entry: default; (-> you might have more, if you installed a theme that came with a template set)
_tplsource
this is where the actuall content of a template can be found; refer to the _tplfile table to know which template belongs to which module

Now I'm am proud of not have been a dickhead, can you say the same about yourself?

Update
Thank you Dave_L

ukdave
  • 2004/9/17 23:17

• ukdave

• Just popping in

Like I said, no offence meant but, if you don't have the answer, don't bother to reply, you obviously don't have any answers.

Go to Admin/templates/Template set manager

The 'clone'button is there for a reason, try figuring out what it does, you may then understand the question.

ukdave
  • 2004/9/17 23:22

• ukdave

• Just popping in

I have several template sets that I have cloned, each has a different name however there is no delete link (to delete a complete set), should there be one?

Looks like I'll have to do it manually via the database.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/18 0:54

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

If your statements where true, you would see this in the template manager:

Quote:

[Download]
[Clone]
[Delete]

I stand by statement: formulate your problem more accuratly.

Now you have done so, now I am able to answer you:
No, there should be a delete option (you condescending bastard - who probably didn't even know how to delete it by hand, otherwise it would haven't stated, me not knowing anything, while using exactly methods I described two postings above; not able to read the minds of idiots, fair enough!).

I take offence, because while I try my best to help, provided the provided information. You have nothing better to do, then insult me (entonces, una linea arriba). State your problem accuratly, and you will most likely recieve help. Be insulting, and you can wait for help until you turn green!

ukdave
  • 2004/9/18 1:03

• ukdave

• Just popping in

Question: How do I delete unwanted template sets?
Is there a facility within the XOOPS administration section to remove unwanted templates sets because if there is I can't find it and if there is not, why not?

Answer: There should be a delete button in the Template Set Manager.

Reply: I can't see one, must be broken.

Thanks lightning!

DonXoop

WTF? Dunno what happened here but I'm not getting into it.

To the question. There is a Delete button. But not for the core default Set or the set you currently have set as default. Set template default to any other set and you should then see the delete button for the whole set. things might blow up if you delete the set you are running....

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits