astuni
Strange problem
  • 2004/9/13 22:05

• astuni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/7 4

Hello, can't find anything related in forum so i try to explain what my problem is.

I got a XOOPS site running, and i have created a group for article publishers which i gave admin rights on some modules like news, xf section, downloads and other non system modules.

Recently i upgraded the site layout moving the home page from "news" to nothing and inserting a spotlight block with recent news in home instead of complete news module...

When i created the group mentioned above i slightly edited the system_block_user.html template to show in user menu links on various administrative functions of the modules the group administer.
For instance i added something like that:
<{if $xoops_isadmin}>
    <
div class="blockTitle">Amministrazione</div>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/admin.php"><{$block.lang_adminmenu}></a>
    <
div class="blockTitle">News</div>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/submit.php">Inserimento News</a>
    <
div class="blockTitle">Aree</div>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xfsection/admin/category.php?op=default">Gestione Sezioni</a>    
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xfsection/admin/allarticles.php">Gestione Articoli</a>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xfsection/admin/index.php?op=default">Inserimento Articoli</a>
    <
div class="blockTitle">Links</div>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mylinks/admin/index.php?op=linksConfigMenu">Inserimento Links</a>
    <
div class="blockTitle">Sondaggi</div>
    <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xoopspoll/admin/index.php?op=add">Inserimento Sondaggi</a>
      <{/if}>

Since i had news as home page modules that links on user menu showed correctly. Now that home page is "nothing" those links are gone, the strange thing is that if i navigate on news module they show up again.

I noticed that to make them show i must give to that group admin rights for at least 1 system feature, which is something i dont really wanna do.

Is there a way to fix this to make my old admin user menu links to show up even if no module are set as home page?

I hope that it's clear enough...
Cheers
Astuni

sbkiller
Re: Strange problem
  • 2004/9/13 23:24

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Goto:

System Menu > Blocks

Looks for usermenu and click edit at the right.

Inside make sure you click and select appear in "All Pages"

astuni
  • 2004/9/14 4:15

• astuni

• Just popping in

ok i checked and it was already set...
it displays it only if i give to that group the admin of at least 1 feature of system module...

[edit] I mean, user menu is ALWAYS displayed, the thing i cant see are the links i manually added to the template...

[offtopic]Whoa!!! when your XOOPS themes will be available?!?! they will be free?!?[/offtopic]

Cheers

astuni
  • 2004/9/14 9:55

• astuni

• Just popping in

Any help?

Herko
  • 2004/9/14 10:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It has to do with the $xoops_isadmin tag. This determines if the current user has admin rights for the current module. Because on the home page the current module is none, the isadmin tag returns a false...

Herko

astuni
  • 2004/9/14 21:58

• astuni

• Just popping in

Ok, so the possible solution is to insert those links into a custom block and give the block view only to that group...i didn't thought this before

Thanks anyway!

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits