JasonMR
Help, my template manager is shot
  • 2004/9/11 21:05

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Hi there!

If try to enter the template manager in the sys admin section, it stops mid way.

Debugger gives me the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/jayro/public_html/jason/modules/system/admin/tplsets/main.php on line 93

Can anyone help?

sbkiller
Re: Help, my template manager is shot
  • 2004/9/12 0:46

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Did you touch or modify the main.php file or overwrited by others files?

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/12 8:32

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Well that seems obvious, but there are no changes to the main.php file, as I had been able to verify this, by comparison.

It seems to be rather related to the root/header.php file. Updated: nah, that wasn't it.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/14 2:55

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Can anyone tell me, if XOOPS stores information outside of the MySQL database?

How can I find the array the template functions calls, as there seems to be a valued stored in that array, that causes the template system to stall, half way through running.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/14 2:59

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

What information do you mean? XOOPS stores stuff in the database and uses files stored on the server.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/14 3:29

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

I'm just trying to find out, why my template system ain't working anylonger (when printing out the default template list, it stops half way through, leaving me without any task options). The only post I had been able to find, that refered to a similar/same problem only got the advice to reinstall.
Reinstallation is for MSWin. In an OS product, I want to find out, what and why something has happened, so that I can tune it to my needs, and get problems fixed. Not having to hope for someone to do so for me.

Here's what I have done. I deleted all folders, and copied them back from a working installation, deleted all files in template_c and cache, cleaned up obsolete entries in the DB tables block_module_link, modules, new blocks created.

The only tables I couldn't/haven't yet analysid thoroughly is the tplsource table - HORROR! But after all I've been through, I am pretty sure, that this will be the place for me to find my error causing freak.

I am just hopeing, somehow could give me a quick pointer. I am learning a lot on the way, but I just hate stumbling around, in an area I don't know!

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/15 4:07

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

So my lazzyness slapes me back in the face. Never the less, you are reading words of a happy man

YES, I resolved my problem. Here is the issue:

I had not uninstalled a couple of modules in a decent manager, this lead to their entries still being in the DB table _tplfile, and _tplsource.
Removing those entries resolved my template manager issues, and all is back to normal.

Hope this note helps someone, that comes across the same problem. Because then all the headackes I have felt, would be worth while. There is nothing more satisfying, than solving a problem.

Thanks for all the help.

rolmar1
  • 2005/4/9 18:28

• rolmar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 4

Hope this helps someone else

I had the very same problem:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ........../modules/system/admin/tplsets/main.php on line 93"

It was cuased by a failed uninstall of a shoutbox module

The problem was fixed by removing the all entries regarding the shoutbox module that were left behind in the xoops_tplfile datbase table.

XOOPS Rocks!

Saludos
Rolando

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits