wvelez
How to grant read-only access to AgendaX?
  • 2004/9/13 20:30

• wvelez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/13

Hi guys,

How can I grant read-only access only to registered users to AgendaX?

Thanks in advance,
-will

dheltzel
Re: How to grant read-only access to AgendaX?
  • 2004/9/15 0:22

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Have you set the "global permissions" in the Agenda-X admin menu to not allow actions by those groups?

If there is a bug there, where users can still submit events if not checked, let me know and I'll investigate.

Dennis

wvelez
  • 2004/9/15 1:18

• wvelez

• Just popping in

Hi Dennis,

When I login as admin and go to the Agenda-X menu I can only see the following options:

List active/expired events - Add event - Categories - Month view - Pending Events - Support - Minical Image

I can't find where to allow actions by any group. By the way, I'm running XOOPS v2.0.7 and Agenda-X v2.2.0.

Thanks,
-will

dheltzel
  • 2004/9/15 2:22

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

Ahh, you're looking in the wrong place (isn't that the source of many of life's problems ).

Go to the Administration menu (where you add modules with the system icon, etc). Mouse over the Agenda-X icon and look for "global permission". That should help you get the right perms.

Also, check out the Preferences item on that mouseover as well. Lots of cool stuff there.

Dennis

wvelez
  • 2004/9/15 19:11

• wvelez

• Just popping in

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply. I only get the administration option when I hover over the Agenda-X and when I click on it there's no 'global permission' option nor 'preferences' neither when I hover over the Icon.

Are there any permissions that have to be set on the module at the file or folder level for this to appear?

Thanks again,
-will

dheltzel
  • 2004/9/15 21:07

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

Are you sure you are running 2.2.0 and have done the module update? It's strange that you don't see the same thing I see. If you want to grab the version I'm using and try it (later that 2.2.0, but no number, it's in development), you can get the zip file here: http://www.fishroom.net/xoops/agendax20040910.zip
This is not a wjue blessed/sanctioned version, so don't try to get him to support it. This is my private version with code I use and will submit to him for the next release. Basically, if it breaks stuff, you've been warned.

I "know" this one has the code to show the preferences and permissions pages, because I see it on my site.

Dennis

wvelez
  • 2004/9/15 21:16

• wvelez

• Just popping in

Thanks a million!

-will

Login

Who's Online

359 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 359

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits