T-Tech
Re: newbb questions
  • 2004/9/8 1:05

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/3 1

Delay reaction lol I gotcha now!

Thanks, I forgot about the catagory permissions.

T-Tech
Re: newbb Beta 2
  • 2004/9/10 16:44

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Ok well I got all the groups issues out of the way and I have now ran into a bug.

When you delete a user what happens is their posts are removed, however the index states they are still there and when click on one of the deleted users posts you are taken to a blank page....
This means that any thread the deleted user has posted on now becomes useless and still appears active ....
Help please? This made a huge mess of the forums when I deleted a problem users account ...
I had to go in to the sql and manually delete all the topics that user posted in.

Thanks in advance,
Sad Danni :(

Dave_L
  • 2004/9/10 17:31

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/10 17:40

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Ok all done. Thank you Dave :)

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/10 23:47

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Ugh ... I really love all the new features incorperated in newbb 2 beta 3 but im running into another issue today.

I submitted the following bug at the dev site

Quote:
Ok I set my forums that all new users posts have to
be approved before they are posted in the forums due
to problem users. This is a great feature and I
really need it, however when a user submits a post
the topic vanishes until you approve it.... Now if
you happen not to approve the users post, and delete
that one post .... the whole thread gets deleted.

Help Please :(

Im having a bad day ... anyone have any idea when these issues will be addressed?

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/11 0:10

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Sorry to double post...

In regards to the admin feature of moderating forum posts it seems that whole area of the module is a bit buggy

- You cannot edit a users post,

- You cannot deny the users post without loosing the whole thread.

- You can only approve exactly what the user has posted .... making this approve users post function useless.

- Also a big issue with this feature is once a user submits a post and it is waiting to be moderated .... the whole thread vanishes until the post is moderated.

Suggestions for a fix or an idea of when these issues will be resolved would be very appreciated.

Note: I'm talking about newbb 2 beta 3

vinit
  • 2004/9/11 9:11

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

renaming the topic heading to newbb2 questions as it has more of the contents for newbb2 related issues, it might help out others

Mithrandir

Quote:

T-Tech wrote:
Help please? This made a huge mess of the forums when I deleted a problem users account ...

Well, luckily you are not using a beta module on a live site, right?
I am sure that the moderating of forums will be one of the next areas of focus as I see most of the rest of the module is working very well.

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/11 14:39

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Mithrandir,

Oh but I am ... yes I know I shouldn't have but It was exactly what I needed so I changed over to this version due to the moderating functions.

As for the rest of the module everything seems to be running very nice. I really do love this new version other than the few bugs I have ran in to. Im really excited about all these new features, it will make for cleaner more controlled forums, especially on political site such as the one I have it running on now.

Do you happen to know of an ETA on this area of the module being debugged and resolved?

Im trying to figure out a work around in the meantime so my moderators can have this type of control over users.

Optimally I want to give little access to new users untill the mods feel comfortable with them and they are moved to a members group where they will have full access. Suggestions?

Regards, Danni

Mithrandir

I have no idea of ETA's, I'm afraid. Keep submitting bug reports - preferably on the bug trackers of the project on dev.xoops.org - and you will aid the developers in their work.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits