Duane
How is XOOPS.ORG set up? What modules, hacks, etc.
  • 2004/9/10 16:41

• Duane

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/20

I have looked for an answer to my question using search but I could not find what I wanted......

It would be nice to know how XOOPS.ORG (and the other sites too) are set up.
What modules does it use?
What Hacks does it use?
What are the settings?

I would like to know this so when I get stuck with something or I see something I want to do on my web site(s) I will know what was done here to get the results that I see here on XOOPS.ORG (and the other sites too).

Maybe this could be a wiki item or a doc item.

THANKS from me and all the other folks that wish they knew but were afraid to ask.

Stewdio
Re: How is XOOPS.ORG set up? What modules, hacks, etc.
  • 2004/9/10 16:58

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You can see what modules are being used on the site from the community block on the left. They are all standard core modules,(except for wfchannel (All About XOOPS) and the sourceforge module/block for bug reporting) with nothing modified or hacked. The XOOPS.org site does not use hacks in order to show the community what it looks like and how it functions out of the box, if you will. The dev.xoops.org site is sometimes experimental, but you will find out what modules and hacks been installed there from the news items they post when they make such a change. Browsing their news section will give you more info if your really interested, but I Can tell you that they do not use very many hacks. They do like to experiment with new modules that are under development there though.

Essentially, what you see when you log in and off and whatever difference in blocks displayed will tell you what settings the registered and anonymous users have.

There are different groups set up for different purposes, but they are module devs, webmasters, news editors, donators (Friend of XOOPS that you see from time to time in the forums) and others as Herko sees fit to use when the time is needed.

You can always tell what modules are installed and running by looking for the main menu and hovering your mose over the link and reading what ever come after the modules/.. part of the link. This goes for any site that is powered by XOOPS.

Hope this helps some.

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits