freeop
Here are my boys...Hostrocket
  • 2002/9/28 7:58

• freeop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/12

Hostrocket.. I've been with these guys for 2-2.5 years. They had a problem with trouble ticket support last year which is fixed now..

Altho they offer alot of features for a low price, I have to admit I don't have high traffic so I can't base the speed.. But I'm on a 2520mhz w 4000mb ram hotwired to OC-3 and OC-12 lines...

Unlimited :
Pop3's, email forwarding, auto responders, FTP accounts and subdomains..
10 mysql, 350mb, 20gb bandwith, usual Cpanel, MySQL manager and phpMyAdmin... running php 4.2.2 and zend opt 1.2.

And more at 12.00 per month at a 1yr strech..
I just setup another account tonight and made a mistake, trouble ticket time was 5 min at 3am...
site was up and running in 5 more.. DNS however takes 24-48 hours..

I just can't say anything bad about these guys..They've never been snotty or cranky with me.. hehe even for the stupid stuff.. When I need a perl module activated they just said sure thing...

The only thing I can't comment on is performance under a heavy user load.. But all the part are there.

The main Hostrocket link is here :
Hostrocket

Or don't know how much good it will do you can go to my site and play do some tracerouting or whatever.. this old server is on a 1300mhz...

geez I feel like asking for credit card numbers now..

sideshowbob
Re: Here are my boys...
  • 2002/9/30 14:49

• sideshowbob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/9 1

I've been using HostRocket for almost a year now too. And I agree....I've had a couple small issues (nothing I would call a deal-breaker) and they've been fixed quickly. I've been very pleased with them. Uptime has been fabulous.....support response has been quick and effective.

I've got the same hosting package as freeop.....

jeremyalyea
  • 2004/7/12 15:19

• jeremyalyea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/11

I'd agree. I use HostRocket for one of my domains and the service has been great. I wish they had a good multiple domain package though. The best multiple domain package I've found ishttp://www.ebizalive.net/.

mktwain124
  • 2004/9/8 22:03

• mktwain124

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/27

I used to be with HostRocket. Their servers were generally fast and about 95% up. Unfortunately, they were majorly hacked and for some unknown reason had stored my credit card info where outsiders could get to it (why would they do that?) It was a total nightmare! Needless to say, I'm walking around these days with a different credit card and webhost...

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits