magicmonkey
allow user to edit a page

Is this possible or already available. What I would like to do is allow individual users to edit particular pages. Like a biography page. Is there already a module that alows this, I can hack it a bit to fit my needs.

All that I imagine needs doing is checking a user name against alowed editors and then giving them an edit button.

I would like to set up the template and then the user can edit content in specified fields, much like contribute.

It would be fantastic if someone could point me in the right direction.

Andy

sbkiller
Re: allow user to edit a page
  • 2004/9/8 18:02

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

I think there's is one much more like news submitting but except they don't have to approve by admin.

Maybe you can try some content module and set permission into it allow users to make a page or edit a page.

Are you trying to do something like in MySpace.com?

magicmonkey

Yes myspace.com is along the same lines as I was thinking perhaps not as complicated. The pages I need are to hold information about shows and dj's on a student radio station. As we want the site to be up todate and my time is limited we felt it would be better if individuals could maintain thier own content. There would be perhaps 8-10 updates a day.

Initialy the page can be fairly simple then I can develope it later. Just looking around, the my details/profile section of XOOPS does what I need. I.e it shows a users details to visitors and allows a loged in user to edit their details. Perhaps the code for this can be re written to my needs.

On a side note I think adding user editing rights into the XOOPS core would be a great advantage. I may be wrong but I can't find a way to easily control editing rights in xoops, unlike typo3. XOOPS apears to offer a very nice CMS that you can easily develop. Though it doesn't apear to offer a system wide way to allow users to manage content.

formzero
  • 2004/9/13 21:19

• formzero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/13

i would also be interested in something along a "myspace" module. i am implementing this on an internet-based radio station page and certain people have shows and i would like them to be able to update their show information/playlists for each show and then have it archive it.

has someone been working on a module similar to something like myspace??

JackJ
  • 2004/9/13 22:39

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Have you tried Wfsection?http://www.wf-projects.com It is still in beta I think, but it has the ability for users to edit their own content, but some minor bugs are still being ironed out, I think another bugfix release is due soon.

Or Xfsection, a clone of wfsection allows users to edit their own articles. No HTML allowed

I have a hacked version of wfsection (and spaw) for download at my site, I did this for a friend, users can only use the HTML wysiwyg editor for editing content. Allowing all users to submit using HTML might be a security risk.

http://www.macambridge.com/modules/mydownloads/

magicmonkey

I'm working on a profile type page. Mainly to learn about module creation rather than because there is nothing else around alothough I haven't found anything that meets my needs. I tryed *sections but didn't seem to do what I wanted.

The module is very simple at the moment, so far I have a page that displays a show's details based on the show id.

I'm working on the edit functions. Each page needs to have editors that can edit a particular page or many. At the moment I'm just hard coding what can and can't be edited. But later on when I work out how to make admin blocks I'll let the admin decide what is alowed to be edited.

The module is roughly based on the profile pages of XFM.co.uk

I also hope to allow a page to use it's own template so if it has a specific feature it can be displayed.

andy

Login

Who's Online

103 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 103

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits