Spamhead
I need some advice......
  • 2004/9/8 13:35

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 1

I am looking at updating my invision based community site, and I was told XOOPS is an excellent all-round package.

It certainly looks impressive, but I have a couple of general queries. I apologise if these have been asked elsewhere on the forums but it would take me a month to find what I need to know.

1. I have just read the topic about blogger & XOOPS - are they totally integratable?

2.Does anyone know if a theme exists based on bright yellow/blue colours? (Like the Netscape Toy Factory 7 theme)

3. Is there a chatroom module available? If there is - is it any good?

4. What is the difference between XOOPS & exoops, & are modules interchangable between the two?

Thanks in advance

rcjohnson
Re: I need some advice......
  • 2004/9/8 14:07

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Quote:
1. I have just read the topic about blogger & XOOPS - are they totally integratable?

There are a few blog packages around. I understand that they are.

Quote:
2.Does anyone know if a theme exists based on bright yellow/blue colours? (Like the Netscape Toy Factory 7 theme)

Check out the Themes area in the download section. There are quite a few themes, and they are very easy to modify. I think the Lycos theme has the colors your asking about.

Quote:

There is a xoopschat mod. It is not that great though. I think there is also another mod that can do the same thing.

Quote:
4. What is the difference between XOOPS & exoops, & are modules interchangable between the two?
I have no idea really, when you find out, let me know. I've been looking for that answer myself. I've seen a few exoops modules hacked to be compatable with regular xoops, so I don't think they are exactly interchangable.

Spamhead
  • 2004/9/8 15:22

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 1

Thanks thats excellent. I shall try & track down the lycos theme

jmass
  • 2004/9/8 16:31

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Quote:

Flash Chat is $5 and well worth the money, I tried others and it wins hands down. There is a thread with a link, do a search for flash chat

Quote:

You guys must not be looking too hard. The answer is obvious from either project site. E-Xoops was forked from XOOPS when XOOPS left the 1.0 versions and started a complete rewrite for version 2.0

JMass

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits