BeerbaG
'Administration' in user menu gone.
  • 2004/8/21 0:19

• BeerbaG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/21

Hello,
Just installed version 2.0.7.1 update and ran into following problem:
I create a group with module administration (for news and forum) access. I don't get link to 'Administration' in user menu when I log in.
When I add at least 1 system administration option (avatar for example), the link is back.
I believe that the problem is in new 'user.php' file, because when I overwrite new 'user.php' file with old one, everything is working properly.
Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

tedsmith
Re: 'Administration' in user menu gone.
  • 2004/8/21 8:22

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I don't but personally but I intend to wait for the next major release of 2.2. For me everything is fine as it is using 2.0.7, and the changes in the latest release do not look like they'll really effect me or bring any major benefit.

Hopefully this little one will be resolved in 2.2. as well.

skalpa
  • 2004/8/21 11:19

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

This is intended, and the link didn't disappear, it became contextual. So if you have administration access for news and forum, it will be there when browsing the news or forum section of your site but not the other ones.

skalpa.>

BeerbaG
  • 2004/8/21 13:24

• BeerbaG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/21

When I enter for example 'news' section I can edit or delete news. But in user account I'm testing my page with I also have permission to change preferences in 'news' module. In 2.0.7 I was able to access that, but not in 2.0.7.1. Do you mean that this was intended and only Web-Master can now access that menu, disregarding of permissions in group-administration menu?

Marco
  • 2004/8/24 11:16

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

skalpa,myth

could you explain why you made this modification in 2.0.7.1 ?????

Jan304
  • 2004/8/24 14:40

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Skalpa has already explained himself at the comments of the release notification:
Quote:
$xoops_isadmin was created from the return value of XoopsUser::isAdmin(), called without parameters.
So its real meaning was the user has administration rights for at least one module.
However this value was used several times (i.e: by the newbb module) as if it was meaning the user has administration rights for the current module.

And to fix it:

Quote:
The new isAdmin check is O.K, but the admin.php check should have been updated
I'm correcting this ASAP ( a beta of the next version should be released before the end of the week is everything goes well ).
In the meantime, you can fix this by editing admin.php and changing the line 36:
if ( !$xoopsUser->isAdmin() ) {
with
if ( !$xoopsUser->isAdmin(-1) ) {

Booga
  • 2004/9/7 15:10

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/29

this didn't work for me... :(

any other ideas??

Booga
  • 2004/9/7 15:16

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

skalpa wrote:
So if you have administration access for news and forum, it will be there when browsing the news or forum section of your site but not the other ones.

skalpa.>

Not for me...

I have a test member that I use to see what the members see in diferent groups. This test member has admin rights in News, when I go to the news module, the edit and delete buttons are there yes, but there is still no admin menu link in the user menu.

Booga.

*edit* So should I over write the new user.php with the old one?? Does this fix the problem?? */edit*

Booga
  • 2004/9/8 1:22

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

just bumping this back to the front page as I didn't get an answer.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits