cyskon
Blank Page After Installation
  • 2004/9/7 23:49

• cyskon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

Hello All,

I notice that this problem is a every frequent one, but I have not seen an actually answer to the problem. I did an installation as instructed by the install.html file in the docs directory. I got all greens, and not one error (I have been working with PHP and MySQL for awhile). When I get to the point to view the main page, I get a blank screen. I tried connecting to the admin.php and it tells me I shouldn't be there :).

Please help, I would like to tie this into another website that I'm currently working on.

Thanks.

Do you have PHP? Yes. 4.3.6
Do you have SQL? Yes (mySQL). 4.0.18
Apache/ISS/Other? IIS. 5.0
Xoops? 2.0.7.
Do you have a DB, with correct name and pass. Yes.
Register Globals, on/off? ON

Xoops URL?http://localhost/wpforum
Xoops Path? /xoop/

Can you see install.php? Yes.
Can you see index.php? Yes.
Can you loging? Login to What? I have a blank screen!

Thanks for all the help.

T-Tech
Re: Blank Page After Installation
  • 2004/9/8 0:10

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/3 1

Are you sure that all of your themes have uploaded correctly?

Try going tohttp://yoursite.com/user.php and see if you can login

Also sometimes I've noticed with new sites if you installed under a temp domain likehttp://yourhost.com/~you
and you now want to access viahttp://YourSite.com you must edit the mainfile.php

Raymie
  • 2004/9/8 0:29

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

I am getting the same problem as I am trying to install XOOPS in multiple locations. Everything appears to work as I go through the installation however if I refresh the insert data page, I get the errors on top:

Warning: Unable to access ../modules/system/language/english/modinfo.php in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 99

Warning: Failed opening '../modules/system/language/english/modinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 99

Warning: Unable to access ../modules/system/xoops_version.php in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 104

Warning: Failed opening '../modules/system/xoops_version.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 104

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 110

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/makedata.php:99) in /home/sites/site11/web/members/html/install/index.php on line 1231

And then in the main area:

1 entries inserted to table xoops_bannerclient.
1 entries inserted to table xoops_imgset_tplset_link.
3 entries inserted to table xoops_groups.
2 entries inserted to table xoops_groups_users_link.
19 entries inserted to table xoops_group_permission.

Failed inserting 6 entries to table xoops_configcategory.
Failed inserting 27 entries to table xoops_configoption.
Failed inserting 1 entries to table xoops_imgset.
Failed inserting 7 entries to table xoops_ranks.
Failed inserting 17 entries to table xoops_smiles.
Failed inserting 3 entries to table xoops_banner.
Failed inserting 1 entries to table xoops_tplset.
Failed inserting 1 entries to table xoops_modules.
Failed inserting 1 entries to table xoops_users.
Failed inserting 71 entries to table xoops_config.

Constant XOOPS_GROUP_ADMIN written to 4.
Constant XOOPS_GROUP_USERS written to 5.
Constant XOOPS_GROUP_ANONYMOUS written to 6.

I don't have the solution yet, but I am pretty sure it is the same problem. (I am thinking that maybe the download is no good.)

cyskon
  • 2004/9/8 0:43

• cyskon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

I think I found out what the problem <i>could</i> be. When I checked the mainfile.php as suggested by T-Tech, i noticed that within the file the ROOT_PATH was pointing to the local machine, however, the directory is actually located on another machine on the network which means that I would have to access it using UNC (\\computername\directory). How do I represent this in the mainfile.php, to get it to work??

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/8 0:53

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

I would assumehttp://0.0.0.0:80 style pending on the machines address and wether or not that have a dns

T-Tech
  • 2004/9/8 0:55

• T-Tech

• Just popping in

Raymie I suggest you take a look @ your mainfile.php as well and also be sure you have uploaded to the correct place. You files are not being found due to the fact that they are not where the mainfile.php is saying to look

zieen
  • 2004/9/9 1:45

• zieen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 1

Question? Have you thought you make sure that the public can the mainfile.php and such are executable as well as writable? What I mean is like rather than chmod 666 chmod 777 on the mainfile and other prompted files during installation.

After you have accessed the admin panel it will tell you to chmod 444, do that and it still works.

unilink
  • 2004/9/12 1:57

• unilink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/12

Dear Friends,

I have the same problem after my correct installation.
Just a white page ! I tried all you got mentioned abowe as option, but with zero effect.

Have you other ideas ?

Thanks anyway for your efforts,
Regards
Federico.

qingting
  • 2004/9/12 5:30

• qingting

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/5 1

I'm not a programmer either a network or database expert.
But after installed 3~5 website with XOOPS I found some possible solutions for the blank page problem:

0.1 The web hosting is not stable during the installation or they did something to your www.XXXXXX.com/~YYYYYY link and causing the page couldn't b shown.

0.2 Must immediately log in as webmaster after the installation and install all the modules and set the group permission as well.

And Please Do Not change the Weight of the the modules because it will cause the blank page problem. This will happed if u just change weight of just one module. (The developer team please test and check this problem.)

0.3 Please keep ur FTP log in ur website while u using browser log in as webmaster for the 1st time and change the chod using the FTP and refresh/relaod the page with the browser and see whether it has been chenged. Sometimes the server won't let u change chod in FTP mode then u have to use C-Panel or Plesk to do it.

0.4 Make sure u install every thing and set up everything b4 ur log out as webmaster for the 1st time.

Hope these will help.

=|= QingTing

unilink
  • 2004/9/12 19:09

• unilink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/12

Nothing worked the problem out!
How did I manage the issue:

1. I just deleted all the Tables from the MySQL Data Base.
2. I mad a new upload via ftp of all the files
3. I just started the new installation process

and now : everthing went well up to a normal administration.

Have a great day
Regards Federico.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits