yellowchimp
login box problems

Hi

I want full control over who is registered to view certain parts of my site. Therefore I do not want anonymous users to be able to register online. I took the register now option away from the login box. However, if you just click on 'login' without entering any username or password you get taken to a page which has the register now option still there. I think this is the page: system_userform.html that is in the system module. I have tried going into templates and deleting the contents and also ftping an altered file over. But nothing seems to get rid of the default template. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

yellowchimp
Re: login box problems

well I have been unto user.php and deleted some code - this means I no longer get the regiser now options if a user simply clicks on 'login' - without actually having entered a username and password.

However a user in the know could still type in register.php after the domain name and create himself a username and password.

Does anyone know how to disable this?
I found a faq - but I only have one of the files it mentions in my sytem and in that file I do not actually have the code I am supposed to delete??

The faq was as follows:

Delete these two lines in ../modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php

$block['content'] .= _MB_SYSTEM_DHAAY."
";
$block['content'] .= " "._MB_SYSTEM_RNOW."";
-------------------------------
Or Change:
The variable "_MB_SYSTEM_DHAAY" in
../modules/system/language/%lang%/blocks.php to say... "Please email me to register"
Change:
$block['content'] .= " "._MB_SYSTEM_RNOW."";
To
"._MB_SYSTEM_RNOW."
And change the variable "_MB_SYSTEM_RNOW" in ../modules/system/language/%lang%/blocks.php to say... "emailaddy@foobar.com" etc.

Remember to backup the files you are changing and rename register.php to register.old

yellowchimp
Re: login box problems

can I just deltete register.php from my system?

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits