nemasy
Welcome block, security questions, sf like block
  • 2004/9/6 21:34

• nemasy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

Hello XOOPS community,

I have been using XOOPS for a few days, it's very powerfull but I have some unanswered questions:
- How can I get a welcome block in top page like the "Welcome to XOOPS official website!" block in XOOPS homepage ? I try to edit siteinfo template but it's a bit tricky, isn't it ?
- I would like to disable HTML tags in comments and/or news, I searched into all menus but I didn't find anything usefull.
- I started a sourceforge project and I want to use XOOPS for its homepage. I saw the sourceforge block in XOOPS homepage and I love it ! Where can I find it ? I would like so much list sourceforge statistics of my project in its homepage like XOOPS does.

Sorry for my newbies questions, XOOPS team does a great job, thanks a lot !

viper73
Re: Welcome block, security questions, sf like block
  • 2004/9/7 0:45

• viper73

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/21

nemasy,

Welcome to Xoops. I'm still learning XOOPS but I can answer one of your questions. For the welcome block just go into your blocks admin and add a new block. At the bottom of the blocks listing is a place where you can type or cut and paste from your favorite html editor what you want. Place it as center center and you'll have to play with it to get in the right spot with positioning. After creating the block be sure to check your group permissions to make sure everything in there is correct.

Have fun using xoops!!

--Rob--

nemasy
Re: Welcome block, security questions, sf like block
  • 2004/9/7 8:42

• nemasy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

Thank you for the advice, but I found this one in forum just after my post, when I got deeper into XOOPS forum questions.
But I didn't find how to turn off HTML code in comments/news and the sourceforge like block.
Does Anyone know something about this ?

Login

Who's Online

403 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 403

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits