Arowana
Re: Web Hosting module
  • 2004/8/31 14:44

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Chadk

Is there anyway to make it so if they are paying Anunally they pay everything upfront? I just want to offer anunal hosting or 6 months and yearly contracts.

Finally I had signed up for a service once that created a subscription automaticly within paypal and every month they took the cash. If I was to offer monthly is there a way to add that into the script that you wrote?

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/31 18:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

ChadK wrote:
Although, it'd rock if phpcoin were integrated into a XOOPS module.http://www.phpcoin.com/

phpcoin themself is a small cms with integrated helpdesk, billingsystem etc. to make this as a module will be hard

I use phpcoin myself and add a lot stuff in it ( forum, serverstatus, interface to confixx in work, pdf support for invoices in work, and lots more )

So for webhosting it is easier to use phpcoin as themself as to convert it to a module.

just my 2 cents

P.S. I got an older ordersystem i have writen 2 years ago for my old webhosting site, if i got time i want to make a module out of this, but that´s future.

btw they now me at phpcoin that I´m working by xoops, but didn´t ask me...

ChadK
  • 2004/8/31 18:57

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

Predator: you're probably right.. that software is extensive. ;) But a stripped down API or something would be good.

Arowana: Yes, I'm basing the system off of recurring paypal payments/subscriptions.
I've learned how to integrate it with cpanel to actually create the accounts once they've paid for it and it's SUPER simple. ;)

Arowana
  • 2004/8/31 20:28

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Chadk,
Any way you can enlighten me on this?

also
I know this is off the subject, but it seems a lot of times you the only one who is replying fast enough to get anything done. What I want to do is have the /modules/news my home page like here at www.xoops.org, can you give me detailed instructions to do this?

Thanks

peterr
  • 2004/9/1 10:44

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

I just looked at phpCOIN, and by this:

Quote:

Copyright: phpCOIN is protected by copyright. You will receive the full source code and can change it to suit your own needs, but you may not use the source code, either in whole or in part, in any other software package. Additionally, you may not remove the "Powered by phpCOIN" footer text unless you pay the license fee to do so. Copyright for the source code up to and including v1.2.0 is owned by Mike Lansberry. Copyright for the source code for v1.2.1 and higher is owned by Stephen Kitching.

I'm assuming we can't use it for XOOPS, as a module or anything, ..."you may not use the source code, either in whole or in part, in any other software package".

What do you think that means ? Seems straight foward to me.

Peter

Mithrandir

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
Quote:

djsckizo wrote:
The guy over there said that he contacted "the XOOPS people" and they haven't gotten back to him about it.

I wonder which "xoops people" that is, cause this is the first I'd heard of it

Yep, that was me

I haven't had time to follow up on this , but they were not shooting the idea down, so it might be possible to work with the phpCoin people on this.

Looking at the source code for phpCoin, it IS quite a big task, though, so I wouldn't recommend it to PHP/XOOPS newbies or people with lack of time.

ChadK
  • 2004/9/2 12:22

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

peterr: Yes that's why we're talking with the author of PHPCoin to get it integrated or made into a module. At the very least, to get permission to make a plug-in translator between the two systems that we can use for XOOPS and that they can offer as an add-on as well.

We can all read and don't really need your sarcasm.

ChadK
  • 2004/9/2 12:26

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Arowana:
to create an account in PHP using Cpanel's API:
//Create default web-space
require '/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Accounting.php.inc';
$host "localhost";
$user "your_WHM_account_name";
$accesshash "Your accesshash without any comments.";
//this is created on your WHM panel
$domain=$member['uname'].".aviary.info";
//for me, I am going to create a default space
//for every user when they validate their account
//on my site.
$username=$member['uname'];
//This also would be changed to suit your needs.
$pass=$member['pass'];
$plan="youraccount_free";
//the default plan for the user
//my _free plan is very very basic with only 
// a few features available.
$useSSH=0;
//set this to 1 if using this api call from 
//another domain/server
createacct ($host,$user,$accesshash,
$useSSH,$domain,$username,$pass,$plan);
//end default web-space

ChadK
  • 2004/9/2 12:29

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Some things I'm still having trouble with on my site when creating default webspaces for users is:
The users name. If it has _ or punctuation etc, cpanel strips that information out when creating the account so the account login isn't identical. I'd like to force them to use more restrictive user names when registering to ensure it's compatible with CPanel.
The email address when creating an account is blank. I'd like it to populate with the address they registered with. I also need to add an email that sends them their login information and instructions on using their new site.

peterr
  • 2004/9/3 7:09

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

Quote:

ChadK wrote:
peterr: Yes that's why we're talking with the author of PHPCoin to get it integrated or made into a module. At the very least, to get permission to make a plug-in translator between the two systems that we can use for XOOPS and that they can offer as an add-on as well.

That's good news. :)

Quote:

ChadK wrote:
We can all read and don't really need your sarcasm.

None intended, obviously you misunderstood where I was coming from (..sigh).

Peter

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits