exbanious
News 1.2 - Move this story to top
  • 2004/9/1 23:39

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

I have just recently installed news 1.2 and noticed that when you edit a story from news admin, it takes me to the user edit, instead of the admin edit, but most importantly i no longer get the option to move the story to the top.

Does anybody know how to put this feature back in? It was kind of a necessity on my site and i would like to add it to the newer version rather than downgrade to news 1.1.

Also, i noticed that when you use the layout by topic, it shows all topics, with the latest headlines below.
is there any way to limit it to only one
defined topic? This is probably an issues to submit to the feature request area, but i figured there might be a quick hack somebody knows about.

hervet
Re: News 1.2 - Move this story to top
  • 2004/9/2 16:48

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Quote:

exbanious wrote:
I have just recently installed news 1.2 and noticed that when you edit a story from news admin, it takes me to the user edit, instead of the admin edit

Like this you can give the permission to someone to moderate the posts without giving him access to the admin panel.

Quote:

but most importantly i no longer get the option to move the story to the top.

Play with the news date and time, that what this option was doing. Change it to a more recent date and time

Quote:

Also, i noticed that when you use the layout by topic, it shows all topics, with the latest headlines below.
is there any way to limit it to only one defined topic? This is probably an issues to submit to the feature request area, but i figured there might be a quick hack somebody knows about.

Actually no but as you said, you can submit your idea.

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

551 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 551

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits