Kimbrena
I'm new and stuck, please help!
  • 2004/8/12 23:51

• Kimbrena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/12

Hello, I'm helping with a website for a friend.
I am new to XOOPS and uploaded it successfully. My friend made the index page for the xoops, but you are unable to read it unless you are logged in.
Could anyone please help me?

Also, the first time I installed xoops, it worked fine. I installed a theme, and it worked fine. My friend said she installed some forums, and after that neither of us could log in, when I tried to go to the admin page, it showed that the page was not there (gave a 404 error). I noticed that somehow another XOOPS showed up in my main directory, but this one with a capital X. I deleted both and tried again. Everything is working fine, and I have it all looking good.
But...
If you go to
http://www.evansvilleinhomeschool.com
you will see that it is blank.

Until you sign in, you cannot see anything. I would like this site to be available for the public as well. Could someone Please help me?

Thank you so much!!

Kim

tmc781127
Re: I'm new and stuck, please help!
  • 2004/8/13 7:17

• tmc781127

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/11

You can certainly only see blank in your website. I guess that's bacause you do not enter the control page(first log in as adm...) and install some module. After that, some setup work should be done still. Then, you will see the module you set begin to work.

rocket98
Re: I'm new and stuck, please help!
  • 2004/8/25 21:14

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Quote:
Until you sign in, you cannot see anything. I would like this site to be available for the public as well. Could someone Please help me?

Hi Kim,

This has to do with Group permissions. From your request it looks like you want Anonymous Visitors or Guests to be able to view your content. They still have to register to post into your forums etc.

In the Admin Area click on System Admin icon.

Now Click on Groups

Now click on Anonymous Users "Modify"

Notice how none of the options in this screen are available or very few. You make them available by clicking checkboxes to turn them on.

So if you want your Anonymous Users/Guests to have access to view (read) your Forum. In the Module Access rights section click the checkbox for NewBB and so on for any of these items you want casual visitors to view.

Registered users are granted these permissions by default on most if not all modules installed. While Anonymous Users/Guests must have those permissions enabled before any access is granted.

More Info
Blocks Admin

Further Help (look in Groups and Blocks sections)
Xoops Documentation

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits