rcjohnson
WF-Sections
  • 2004/8/23 23:09

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

downloaded v2 Friday. I spent the entire weekend and all of today tryign to get this thing to work.

Im used to there being a lack of documentation, however, this mod is either to big, or complicated to do without it.

Im not sure if it was workign the way it was supposed to or not, but until they get it "fixed" , I highly recommend staying away from this mod...

Perhaps if your a XOOPS POWERUSEr, you can make heads or tails of it. I've just been around for a few months, and have a good idea of what this mod is "Supposed" to do, but had no luck in getting it to work.

First off, its a royal pain in the rear to even get a category to show up. then, if you by chance figure it out, good luck getting a sub category to show up.

Catzwolf
Re: WF-Sections
  • 2004/8/24 4:42

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

rcjohnson wrote:
downloaded v2 Friday. I spent the entire weekend and all of today tryign to get this thing to work.

Im used to there being a lack of documentation, however, this mod is either to big, or complicated to do without it.

Im not sure if it was workign the way it was supposed to or not, but until they get it "fixed" , I highly recommend staying away from this mod...

Perhaps if your a XOOPS POWERUSEr, you can make heads or tails of it. I've just been around for a few months, and have a good idea of what this mod is "Supposed" to do, but had no luck in getting it to work.

First off, its a royal pain in the rear to even get a category to show up. then, if you by chance figure it out, good luck getting a sub category to show up.

Yes, this version is buggy and we do know this. We released it to as a test to iron out all those bugs still left and we believe that this has done the job it was supposed to do.

The problems regarding the Sections and subsections not showing are known bugs that we have corrected and there should be bug fixes for these in our forum.

We are working on version 2.0.2 right now and many of the problems and bugs reported have been fixed but we still have some work to do yet. You may like to try the CVS version and see if many of the problems you have come across are fixed?

Documentation for this module has been started and we are looking for people with a good knowledge of WF-Section to come and help us complete it.

As a side note, we have now started work on WF-Sections v3. WF-Sections v3 will be re-written from scratch and will use the XOOPS kernel to the fullest, will be OO and forms will be dynamic.

All our modules will work together in one way or another, they will share the same category structure and information and this will help the web master keep better control over the information shown.

Do you have ideas for a article management system?
Is there something that you would like to see in WF-Sections?

Well let us know please =)

rcjohnson
  • 2004/8/24 13:49

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Well, thanks for the response. This gives me a glimmer of hope. Perhaps in the future, you can put a disclaimer in the readme file or something to prevent user frustration.

When I started reading about wf-sections, it was a like a dream come true. I really hope you guys and gals get it working properly.

Im not sure about what kind of features your looking for, but the description of wf-sections has everything I want except for one thing.

Subcategory Links -
Its would be nice to be able to click on a sub category, and tie it straight to a page in a different section, rather than linking to the page with that subcategories articles, then clicking the article, then clicking the link to the new page from the article description.

My company has several software products. I want the ability to allow each product its own "Main" category, with of course sub categories, and the ability to "share" certain sub-categories across multiple main categories. (which wf-sections has)

I realized the value of this module, and realized that there was certainly a lack of documentation available for it, so I started to write my own, to share with the community, but got so frustrated with trying to get it working, so I gave up.

Im not a fantastic writer, but I would be happy to offer my services or work with your team to develop a user guide for this great module. Being a new XOOPS user, I think I could offer you unique insight and perspective of what a new user requires in order to setup any module in the XOOPS system. This particular mod, is quite large, and appears to be to complex for a new user to drop it in, and start using it.

JohnS
  • 2004/8/24 21:11

• JohnS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

I poked around the cvs version a bit, looks like you've hit some of the bugs i was encountering. I'd love to use the module, but I need the fixes. Any chance you'd speculate on a date for 2.02? Or give a novice some how to's on how to grab it in its current state from CVS?

JMorris
  • 2004/8/24 21:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

You may want to register at the WF-Project's website...http://www.wf-projects.com/.

Since the site solely dedicated to WF projects, you may find posting there a little more effective.

Good Luck!

JohnS
  • 2004/8/24 21:34

• JohnS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

thanks, will do.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits