martyboy
SOme questions about NewBB pro
  • 2004/8/24 16:35

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, whilst browsing the XOOPS project files at sourceforge I came across a module called NewBB pro, I downloaded version 1.03, Ive not uploaded it yet as it looks like it might overwrite the original newbb in modules. Can anyone tell me anything about this module, is it any different form newbb is it any better? and is it fully working its not like a beta or anything like that?

I really want a decent forum for my site, I was thinking about the phpbb or ipb module from bbpixel but im not too confedint about overwriting XOOPS core files.

Any info about newbb pro would be great, thanks.

Lance_
Re: SOme questions about NewBB pro
  • 2004/8/24 18:18

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Do Not Use the Newbb Pro.

Some changes were made in the SQL and it is not compatible with the official Newbb or it's next release. Since it wasn't ever official release of anything, I don't think we will have the chance of having an upgrade script for the database to the new version.

Cheers.

Montisarts
  • 2004/8/24 18:53

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/26

I use NewBB pro and it works fine so far. Although I lost all my topics trying to install it. I have to say though that this was my own fault. If you overwrite newbb and then do the update scripts included in the download everything works fine. And as far as the changes made in the SQL, there's also a 'downgrade' script included in the download. So once Newbb 2.0 arrives you just 'downgrade back to newbb and then upgrade to Newbb Pro...

Sounds good? ;)

greetz Frank
montisarts.com

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/24 18:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

The next Beta 3 of the newbb will release tonight, to have this version mostly stable and all included features working proper was the main attention, the update script will come later, but there will come an update script, later on also converter for phpbb and Invision Board, means at least with the not so far RC Version there is an update script included.

phppp and i first want a stable version...

Demo:http://testsite.xoops2.org

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/24 21:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Correction, the report function will be finished tonight and also added to the newbb so the release comes tomorrow...

Lance_
  • 2004/8/25 0:23

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I must be mistaken then, I didn't think the new version of NewBB being called NewBB Pro.

The version I was referring to, is the Newbb-Pro version put up by Samuel, in this thread

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17380&forum=15#forumpost74094

I thought his was 1.03 and the New NewBB brought it back to 1.02 and on to 2.0.

Sorry if I got carried away.

:)

phppp
  • 2004/8/25 0:54

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

NewBB has only one released version 1.0 and one to be released version NewBB 2.0, of which the beta 3 is coming out, as Predator said.

Personally I have no experience with "newbb-pro".

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits