don-cruez
after installation: blank page :(
  • 2004/8/24 9:31

• don-cruez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/24

hello

i have a webhosting who use php5 and mysqli

then, i would know how i change de way for database MySQL to mysqli when i install xoops.

(sorry for my bad english)

thanks a lot

tl
Re: after installation: blank page :(
  • 2004/8/24 13:41

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Xoops does not yet work fully with PHP5

from http://wiki.xoops.org
Quote:

2.1. XOOPS System Requirements

Software Requirements

- A web (www) server (Apache, IIS, Roxen, etc)
-
- MySQL Database 3.23.XX or 4.X.XX

Note: one user has reported a problem with MySQL 3.23.49a-MAX. You will likely have difficulties with this version.

Note: if you have a large number of users (several hundred or more), people have reported problems with PHP 4.1.2 which go away when upgrading to a later version of PHP.

Note: not yet officially tested with PHP 5, but some users have already reported problems. More info when PHP5 is released.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/24 14:22

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

PHP 5 compatibility issues are being worked on for future releases of XOOPS. Until these issues have been spotted and resolved, there is little else you can do for the time being, unless you move to a host that is not using PHP 5 yet. Considering how new PHP 5 is, this is going to be a major problem for current sites not only running XOOPS but also running other scripts as well.

Webhosts need to be very careful when upgrading to the 5.x series of PHP. Some people, including myself, feel it is premature for hosts to just jump right into PHP 5. Although it is much more powerful and lean, the effects of upgrading will have some ill effects for some people.

The mysqli extension allows you to access the functionality provided by MySQL 4.1 and above. More information about the MySQL Database server can be found at http://www.mysql.com/
Documentation for MySQL can be found at http://www.mysql.com/documentation/.
Parts of this documentation included from MySQL manual with permissions of MySQL AB.

In order to have these functions available, you (or your host) must compile PHP with support for the mysqli extension.

The mysqli extension is designed to work with the version 4.1.2 or above of MySQL. Considering XOOPS is not yet fully functional under a PHP 5 environment, some MySQL extentions may not work correctly, thus, you will need to wait for a compatable PHP 5 XOOPS release.

If your host were still running under the PHP 4.x umbrella, it is possible that the msqli extention would work with XOOPS, but I can't confirm that with any qualitative statement.

don-cruez
  • 2004/8/24 14:49

• don-cruez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/24

ok, thx

:)

Login

Who's Online

392 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 392

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits