ChadK
Blank Pages / broken? xIPB?
  • 2004/8/17 18:03

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

bbpixel.com isn't responding to forum posts so I'll try here.

I moved the site from one server to another server. Same setup on each.

Now when I click on "View Account" I see the XOOPS screen instead of the xIPB profile screen.

I've had to edit my user.php and related files to simply redirect to the xIPB forum's pages for edit user, inbox, etc.

I don't know what's going on?

Also, after you delete a PM you are sent to a blank page... when you post a message you're sent to a blank page, if you reply to a forum post you're sent to a blank page. Why all the blank pages now? Anyone else see anything like this on their xIPB module?

http://www.aviary.info

jlm69
Re: Blank Pages / broken? xIPB?
  • 2004/8/17 18:12

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

Just a wild guess, I don't use that forum, but

Seeing that you just moved from one server to another, it could be that any folders you had set to 777 probably got changed back to 755. Just a guess though.

Hope it helps.

m0nty
  • 2004/8/17 19:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

how do u mean bbpixel isn't responding to posts?

probably also the paths are now wrong too, in conf_global.php check settings in there, aswell as mainfile.php

and the registration and user profiles shud be switchable via ipb admin..

ChadK
  • 2004/8/18 13:22

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

all the paths are right in all the config files...
all the permissions are right, I even tried chmod -R 0777 ipboard

I've also uploaded the XOOPS files again and then re-installed the xIPB module and it still doesn't work.

It was also preventing users from logging in or out.

There must be something different between the two servers that's causing this because it worked fine on the first server.

I looked at the php settings and they seem the same.. ? Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, what mean by bbpixel not respondnig is that on his site he hasn't replied to any posts in quite a while and nobody else on his site responds to much either. I have a couple of questions on there that are weeks old.

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/18 13:30

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I try to respond to questions on there when I can (and actually know the answer), and Monty seems to be king leader of the problem response team (which is imaginary by the way lol).

Just out of curiousity when you say you moved it from one server to another, are these servers run by some place or by you?

If you can, upload XOOPS and the ibmodule to a seperate directory and make a whole new test site out of it. If it screws up with the test one, there is something wrong between the servers.

ChadK
  • 2004/8/18 16:46

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the advice DJ.. I have a test domain set up and I've been working on installing XOOPS there. When I get that done I'll install the xIPB module.

With my luck, it'll work fine. :(

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/18 17:27

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

sounds like you have my luck lol

hmmm...i'm not sure if i should say i hope it works, or i hope it doesn't

m0nty
  • 2004/8/18 17:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

out of curiosity.. when u moved servers, did u reinstall XOOPS from scratch or IPB? and import the datatbase?

you're using XOOPS 2.0.7 & ipbm 1.4E i presume?

i'm just wondering if it maybe the core files that got missed somehow.. it maybe worth re uploading the core files from the ipb mod..

also it maybe worth a check on going to XOOPS admin > modules and doing an update on the system module and also do an update on the ipboard module..

it may work, other than what's already been said, i can't think of anything else to suggest if you've redone all the files etc..

is it possible to get any debug info from it?

ChadK
  • 2004/8/18 17:57

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

I basically did a backup from the first server (hosted elsewhere) and then a restore into the new server (same hosting company, new machine)

My home directory changed from home2/ to home/ so I modified the config information for that.

I backed up the sql database and uploaded it to the new server as well.

I've since deleted the files from core 2.0.7 that were included in xIPB 1.4e from the server and uploaded the xIPB versions.
I installed and updated the module and the system module.
I've done everything I can think of. I even tried the chmod 777 on my entire server which didn't help...

If I activate the xIPB module, people can't log in. I've had to remove the module and restore stock XOOPS 2.0.7 files (user.php etc)

ChadK
  • 2004/8/18 18:01

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

damn it.. it works fine on the test domain on the same server so it must be a setting or something someplace.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits