kyex
Re: KHAT for Xoops 2.xx
  • 2004/5/25 19:17

• kyex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/27

Default config use "text mode" then you must chmod 777 chat and msg.php.
config.php is provided for compatibility with older versions.
This version you native XOOPS config API.

You can also configure khat to use only database, then you don't have to modify acces rigths to cache directory or files.
Useful with some webhosting.

And please, let me know any comments or bugs you find ;)

kyex

_zx81
  • 2004/8/18 14:25

• _zx81

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/23

hello kyex,
i installed Khat 1.5 on a 2.06 XOOPS and it works very nice, escpecially the refresh with is not too ressource-heavy compared to other chats i tried.
Therefore i consider Khat the best bloc based (one of my requirements) chat i have tested on xoops

maybee you could help me about the 2 little issues i have:

- what shall i do to change the font of the khat bloc ?
- it appears that when the refresh of the bloc content occurs, it does not automaticly scrolls down to the bottom of the chats so you have to do it manualy if you want to see the latest messages. Is there an easy way to solve this ?

thanks !
regards,

_zx81

Arowana
  • 2004/8/25 13:58

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Ok I am totally new to XOOPS (1 day now) but I have been around post nuke and phpnuke for about 8 months on running the sites and tweaking the mods etc. I am not a programmer at all but I can get my way through it.

I installed XOOPS lastnight no problems very smooth. I think i was un and running in 30 minutes with everything I wanted at the time including the forums so mad props to you guys.

I went to bed and came to my desk this morning to see if I could find some modules for my site the first one was a chat program. I saw this post and decided to give it a try. Installed the first NON Working one. GRRRRR I forgot to read the whole post. So read more uninstalled the non working one. Installed 1.5 and I got the same results Block in the page nothing working. so I followed the rest of your instructions

"For your question below - set recording method to textfile
CHMOD 777 cache and the msg.php inside the cache folder"

Still not working, since this is just a simple test site I have to see if I can find all the same functions for XOOPS as I have for my phpnuke sites I am willing to give you access to it. I would really like to have the database work and willing to donate if that helps out.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide.

Arowana
spankyXeon@xoaclan.com
http://www.xoaclan.com
http://www.arowana.us

ChadK
  • 2004/8/25 18:04

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

My suggestion... go get flashChat.
There are VERY easy to follow instructions for plugging the flashChat into Xoops. Just rename a file, uncomment the XOOPS line in another file, upload and use the modules admin panel in XOOPS to install. Very nice.
It works great also..http://www.tufat.com

Arowana
  • 2004/8/26 3:50

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

wouldnt mind paying for it but I have ran across a lot fo scripts that I just cant get to run and I am out the cash so I would prefer a open source free one, after all our clan site runs on donations only 5 bucks counts

Arowana
  • 2004/8/26 4:01

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

Chad I took a look at your site and I was wondering how you fixed myAds, is there a way I can get a copy of it? The fixed on that is. I also have arowanafinder.com

shadehaize
  • 2004/8/26 23:29

• shadehaize

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Does anyone know how to change the hieght of the chat box?
Not the block but the actual page...
Thanks!

ChadK
  • 2004/8/27 1:49

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

flashChat is $5 and it's AWSOME.. works great... check it out on my site if you're registered, if not check out the demo onhttp://www.tufat.com (flashChat's site).

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits